Linked Events

• Jim atndg. San Diego Comic Con: July 24, 2008 - July 27, 2008

Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con: July 24-27  (Read 87447 times)

Offline Syntopicon

• Posty McPostington
  • All glory to the hypnotoad.
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic Con: July 24-27
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2008, 06:37:39 PM »
Surprised no ones thought of Chinese Water Torture.  Only instead of water you use chocolate.

We still gotta melt it down first.   :P
Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

You've seen it!  You can't unsee it!

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »
Hee, nope.  It's Marseille.  Soooo muuuuch yuuuuum.

*twitch* How do you read that menu without having proofreader seizures? GAH!

(...that being said, looks good. If you or Sue can remember the place in Manhattan that does the honest-to-god croque-monsieur, though, we may strongarm you into hitting that place instead. That and real pommes frites *drool*.)
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2008, 07:02:58 PM »
*twitch* How do you read that menu without having proofreader seizures? GAH!

(...that being said, looks good. If you or Sue can remember the place in Manhattan that does the honest-to-god croque-monsieur, though, we may strongarm you into hitting that place instead. That and real pommes frites *drool*.)

Because none of my coworkers can spell or use proper grammar.  I've become immune to its deleterious effects.

And ooh, another dessert possibility is Max Brenner.  Om nom.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »
Because none of my coworkers can spell or use proper grammar.  I've become immune to its deleterious effects.

And ooh, another dessert possibility is Max Brenner.  Om nom.

:o

Dude. I'm not a chocoholic. I'm not even the possessor of much of a sweet tooth. I'm still going to punch you for showing me that menu - it's hard to work at a keyboard when you're drooling quarts.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »
:o

Dude. I'm not a chocoholic. I'm not even the possessor of much of a sweet tooth. I'm still going to punch you for showing me that menu - it's hard to work at a keyboard when you're drooling quarts.

You're welcome.  Max Brenner it is?

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
I have to bounce it off Sue, but I suspect it's purely pro forma - she selects her entrees et al based on the dessert she's getting. :D After that, it's picking day and time, etc. Lemme know when you're not going to be drowned by your employer.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2008, 08:05:31 PM »
Taking this to email. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »
Damn - no more highjacking?  :'(

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
Not for the next few minutes or so, at least. :D

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »
Gonna make a valiant attempt at getting the thread back on topic.  (Though I concede it might well be hopeless ;D.)

Did Mr. Butcher make any public statements about Backup, Day Off, The Warrior(? The one from Mean Streets), or Turn Coat?  What about any bits about original Comic Book stories? 

I did say public statements.  Please, oh please, no NDA stuff that you can only mercilessly tease us with.  I'm lookin' at you Shecky and Priscellie.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »
Turn Coat:

We basically got the same blurb that's been shared with the tour. 
(click to show/hide)

I have to add- The room that Jim's panel was in is huge.  It easily seats 2,000 people.  It was packed to the brim, though that might have something to do with it being followed by the panel for 24 and a showing of Avatar.  Still- it was a HUGE audience to entertain.

"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline JRBobC

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2008, 09:33:30 PM »
Turn Coat:

We basically got the same blurb that's been shared with the tour. 
(click to show/hide)

I have to add- The room that Jim's panel was in is huge.  It easily seats 2,000 people.  It was packed to the brim, though that might have something to do with it being followed by the panel for 24 and a showing of Avatar.  Still- it was a HUGE audience to entertain.

Cool.  Thanks.  I remembered what he was supposed to have said on tour. (I say supposed to because I did not hear it myself.)

(click to show/hide)

I would say damn, damn, damn, have to wait until next April for more answers, but come October and January we may get a few.
Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, PATIENCE IS A F***ING VIRTUE.  There, now I might be able to follow it.

Regarding Cover art: "You have no control. If you’re really lucky you get an art director who will let you use Vaseline when he bends you over." -Glen Cook

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2008, 02:37:11 AM »
More Jim pictures!  (resized for ease of loading)

And another pic of Priscellie with a Harry clone.

The cast of Doctor Horrible:

A mythbuster!

I have more pictures, but I don't want to overload the thread or the site with pictures!
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2008, 02:57:09 AM »
Love the pics!
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2008, 03:13:10 AM »
Wooo!  Lovely, lovely pictures!  Glad you got some good ones of Jim, the blurry he-devil!