Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 58512 times)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2024, 06:21:36 AM »

Please, do not say soccer. I've been posting "football (soccer)" here for years, so I am glad when someone else says football.
I am sorry, I was rooting for you guys. We always respect Germany, but Spain, not so much. Since their World Cup we think they are too full of themselves.
It would have been nice to be in the finals at home. This one was at Stuttgart, not very far away. One of Micro's friends was there. She asked if we saw her, when we watched it, lol. I said no, sorry, but of course we were looking for her. Weird, but most TV guys concentrate more on the people running on the grass trying to kick an innocent ball, than on those watching.  8)

Micro wasn't home. She was at party to say goodbye to elementary school. It was nothing official, just one of the kids throwing a party at home for the class, but they got two teachers to come.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 06, 2024, 04:52:24 PM »
Well, I am even more sorry now that you lost, but I hope micro still enjoyed herself. I've never been in a match so important.

And it is a great idea to have such a party for the children, and even have some teachers there. Ir is cute.

Random comment, how are the kittens doing?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 06, 2024, 10:50:48 PM »
Well, I am even more sorry now that you lost, but I hope micro still enjoyed herself. I've never been in a match so important.

And it is a great idea to have such a party for the children, and even have some teachers there. Ir is cute.

Random comment, how are the kittens doing?
Football: there is always next time. So there is still hope. And they played well. So no shame there.

The kittens will be 1 year old at the start of august. I am at work right now, but in the afternoon, after I have slept and when the rain stops, we are going to let them outside for the first time. Mini is quite nervous, because she is afraid that they will soon be run over by a car. It has often been around her birthday in July. And one of our previous cats only was one year old, when he died. We called him Merlin, because he was light grey striped, almost silver, and he had the talent to become invisible.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 07, 2024, 09:55:59 AM »
Yes, you told me about the kittens getting out, only I did not remember the date of their birthday. To be honest, I am a little nervous for them too. Poor Merlin. He sounded so cute. I am sure you and your family made him a very happy boy and well, being adventurous is a risk. I am sorry his life was so short but I am sure it was a good life.

On lighter topics. Yes, in football there is always another chance. It seems both Cups (Europe and America) are difficult, lots of ties, goals made for defenders of the other team. There is not such a difference between strong teams and weak teams anymore. Crossing fingers for my team, of course, but anything can happen.

We are having another cozy weekend, as it is quite cold. We had a light dinner with several cheeses, bread, some leberwust that my hubby loves, and leftover schnitzel (milanesa). It was good  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2024, 05:19:48 AM »
Today is our Independence Day!  :)
It is a National Holiday and I am glad to say we can stay home, because it is really cold (for Buenos Aires city, at least). It is traditional to drink chocolate and have some churros, perhaps we will do that.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2024, 04:59:34 PM »
Today is our Independence Day!  :)
It is a National Holiday and I am glad to say we can stay home, because it is really cold (for Buenos Aires city, at least). It is traditional to drink chocolate and have some churros, perhaps we will do that.
That's nice. Enjoy your day.
This weekend, I'll be away for advanced training. Looking forward to it.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2024, 07:00:56 PM »
I really enjoyed it.
Last night was very cold, but at least the days are being sunny so it does not feel so cold (once the sun raised, at least).
Enjoy your training!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 14, 2024, 07:07:04 PM »
Hey, weird!
I'm back. 8)
I learned a lot, I didn't know before, some things I knew as a trainee but had forgotten in the years I wasn't using the knowledge. Some things I knew but learned more about them.
In the evenings, we could walk around and enjoy the view, we even once went to a beautiful lake. I walked in up to my knees. After that we ate at a restaurant with a view of the lake and the mountains behind it.
It was very nice.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 14, 2024, 07:56:25 PM »
I am glad to hear you had fun  :)
I began watching season 2 of Star Trek Prodigy. I am liking it so far (episode 4 or 5 of 22).
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2024, 11:20:16 PM »
Sounds great. I have not watched Star Trek Prodigy yet. But I will do so soon.

BTW, Spain is European champion now. They won 2:1 against England. Both played well, it was an exciting match.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2024, 11:13:02 AM »
We won! Argentina is the America's champion! I am super glad. Now, the World Cup is framed by two championships (America Cup). The USA organization was awful, quite embarrassing. There was a lot of incidents and the match began about an hour later. And the match was long. The 90 minutes finished in a tie, so there was a 30 minutes extension. It was nerve-wrecking, but we won!
It was also the last match of Angel Di Maria, magnificent player. He is retiring and I am happy he did with a title.

I did not watch the Spain-England match, but I heard good things about it.

Re: Prodigy. I did not like the first episodes (I am talking about season 1), it felt too Star Wars (which I love, but it is not Star Trek). However, I warmed up to the show later. And this second season is good. I am little patience with one of the characters though  :D :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2024, 02:08:07 PM »
We won! Argentina is the America's champion!
ˇFelicidades!  ;D
I am so happy for you!

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2024, 05:05:59 PM »
ˇMuchas gracias!
We are really happy about that. This is a great team and I believe they deserve it. And I am glad Di Maria could end his career with the team in a high note.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2024, 07:10:37 PM »
Hello Weird!
In my country, today is Friends' Day! It is officially an international Day but I know it is not very common in other places.Anyways, HAPPY DAY TO MY FORUM FRIENDS!!!  :) :) :)
Missing you, Md 

Offline Regenbogen

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2024, 11:17:48 PM »
Friends day! Count me in. Happy friends day!

Today we stayed awake to give Mini her birthday present at 0:07, her time of birth. 007, lol.
Today we are celebrating a bit. Just some cake with family. She will have a party with friends on another day.

The months of June and July are always packed with birthdays, summer festivals and end of school stuff, sometimes several activities on the same day. And on top of that we had the confirmation this year. I'll be glad when July is over. August will be calmer.
In August I am going to paint the wooden construction of my mother's conservatory. We  only need to paint the inside, because she found someone professional to paint the outside, who will do repairs to the fassade of the house, too.

The cats are doing well outside, though I once had to search for da Vinci, because he didn't come home to feed in the dark. I had a bad feeling and went with a flashlight looking for him at the sides of the busy streets. There were several big blood stains on the street, but after one hour he came home. I was so relieved.
Yesterday he brought his first mouse. A tiny thing. And later I watched him play with another tiny mouse. I have the strong suspicion that he took it into the house and now it is inside. There was a noise in the basement and all three cats were suddenly looking for something there.