Author Topic: Crazy theory... Mavra is on the Gray Council  (Read 5527 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Crazy theory... Mavra is on the Gray Council
« on: April 11, 2021, 05:25:42 AM »
I randomly found this on Reddit

"Book 3: Mavra is in a position to destroy one of the holy swords, but doesn't.

Book 6: Ebenezar is tasked with keeping Mavra's magic shut down. She uses a veil to take pictures of Murphy without Harry noticing, and then makes an illusion of herself getting killed. Eb doesn't mention failing at his task. Possible explanation: Eb and Mavra are allies?

Book 7: Mavra hires Harry to get the Word of Kemmler. Gets it. Has 8 books to use it and become an evil demigoddess, doesn't.

Book 12: 12 members of the Grey Council show up for Harry. We know Odin and Eb. Word of Jim is 6 others who showed up are characters we've met."

Fast forward to BG...  Mavra could have killed Harry, and didn't.  She tells the others that he's being saved for Drakul, but the others didn't seem to care about that at all....  Either Mavra is more loyal to Drakul than the other vamps or.....  she was saving Harry...
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy theory... Mavra is on the Gray Council
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 10:07:11 PM »
It's crazy enough it just might be true :D

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »

She also tried to melt him back in Blood Rites sooooo..... ::)

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »
She also tried to melt him back in Blood Rites sooooo..... ::)

If she wanted him dead, he'd have been dead. From behind a veil, even the newest, weakest minion blamp could have broken his neck rather than take a polaroid.

Seems like maybe she was teaching him a painful lesson, but one that ultimately pushed him to improve his defenses.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 08:25:19 PM »

If she wanted him dead, he'd have been dead. From behind a veil, even the newest, weakest minion blamp could have broken his neck rather than take a polaroid.

Seems like maybe she was teaching him a painful lesson, but one that ultimately pushed him to improve his defenses.

Harry was using a pretty strong shield, but with one flaw, he didn't take into account the effect of heat.  So yeah, I believe she was trying to kill him and would have, had it not been for his shield bracelet.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »
Mavra was testing Harry.  She needed to know if he had what it took to stand up to Kemmler's disciples.  If he had died to a couple of Renfield's with flamethrowers then than he wasn't the person she needed to grab the Word of Kemmler for her.

During Grave Peril it's my guess that Mavra's true aim was to start a war between the Red Court and the White Council.  Mavra wasn't there to help Bianca, she was there to manipulate Bianca and Harry.  If she could have accomplished that and later destroyed the sword, I'm sure Mavra would have been fine what that, but it was never her primary goal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:50:23 PM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 09:58:57 PM »
Mavra was testing Harry.  She needed to know if he had what it took to stand up to Kemmler's disciples.  If he had died to a couple of Renfield's with flamethrowers then than he wasn't the person she needed to grab the Word of Kemmler for her.

During Grave Peril it's my guess that Mavra's true aim was to start a war between the Red Court and the White Council.  Mavra wasn't there to help Bianca, she was there to manipulate Bianca and Harry.  If she could have accomplished that and later destroyed the sword, I'm sure Mavra would have been fine what that, but it was never her primary goal.

Perhaps, but I really doubt she is Gray Council, more like she has her own agenda.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 10:36:57 PM »
Perhaps, but I really doubt she is Gray Council, more like she has her own agenda.

Agreed.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 02:12:32 AM »
Harry was using a pretty strong shield, but with one flaw, he didn't take into account the effect of heat.  So yeah, I believe she was trying to kill him and would have, had it not been for his shield bracelet.

The best chance to kill him wasn't in the basement. It was when they were occupied with the Renfield, and Mavra or one of her minions took a blackmail photo instead of striking when he never even would have seen it coming.

Offline seanham

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 03:03:48 AM »
I understand where you are coming from, and something is differently fishy with Mavra; however not sure who would have invited her to the Gray Council. I don't think that Eb would have invited a vampire to the Grey Council, and from my understanding, he is the only one who knows everyone on the Council. Like the theory!

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 01:02:03 AM »
Assuming the Gray Council are the good guys...I mean by name alone they are shady.

Eb even tells Harry when it's first formed that they will be "walking down some mighty dark alleys. And doing it in mighty questionable company"

I wouldn't be surprised if Mavra were on the Gray Council, nor just about anyone else who isn't an out-and-out villain...unless the Gray Council becomes the actual bad guys. But that seems less likely.
Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 06:16:43 PM »
I've long played with the idea the Grey Council are the Black Council- Eb going full "burn it all down!" when Maggie died is consistent.

Which would make Cowl a member

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 06:24:53 PM »
Vadderung was there so I don’t think so.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 06:28:25 PM »
Vadderung's a practical guy and a gambler. His target might be overturning the old order

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »
Vadderung is committed to defending this reality against the outsiders and removing the red court was a major blow against the outsiders. This was too important. Besides Mab and Uriel were also involved.

He was protecting the old order against the red court.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]