Poll

Marcone is related to whom and in what way?

Mab's descendant
0 (0%)
Hades' descendant
0 (0%)
Vadderung's descendant
2 (16.7%)
another 'god's' descendant
0 (0%)
Harry's son
0 (0%)
Harry's father
0 (0%)
Harry's brother
0 (0%)
Harry's cousin
0 (0%)
Harry's ancestor
0 (0%)
Harry's descendant
0 (0%)
Replace Harry's with Murphy's (choose if any apply); if Harry's son, choose one below
0 (0%)
Harry and Murphy's son
1 (8.3%)
Lea's son, descendant
0 (0%)
Lucifer's son, descendant
0 (0%)
Time Displaced Doppleganger of {blank}
0 (0%)
No Significant Family Ties
7 (58.3%)
Loki Desdendant
0 (0%)
Mac descendant
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Marcone's Family  (Read 5121 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marcone's Family
« on: January 24, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
I'm going to run this for some period of time.  I won't have an 'other' option.  I will add options at the bottom as you recommend them. People can then choose the best option among those listed. And change their vote as other options are avaliable.  Having no 'other' will force a vote between named options.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Marcone's Family
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 06:10:06 PM »
For the sake of completeness, can we add "Time Displaced Doppelganger of [Blank]"

Im willing to peddle the idea that Marcone will grow up via time-loops to be Vadderung (who is still not the first Odin, btw) as an explanation for why he seems to be Vadderung's current Pet Project. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
For the sake of completeness, can we add "Time Displaced Doppelganger of [Blank]"

Im willing to peddle the idea that Marcone will grow up via time-loops to be Vadderung (who is still not the first Odin, btw) as an explanation for why he seems to be Vadderung's current Pet Project.
Where did you make him out to be that one?
Curiously Odin is known for having OG Merlin as his protégé, and this is referenced in how he talks to Harry especially in SG.
If we're going with his family line though... He's a (the?)Son of God, and Mac, Uriel, EK and a few others are his direct
ancestors. Look at the eyes and the Hair of each. Golden blonde with Green eyes when applicable for either.
*You know Donar Vadderrung translates as Son of Thunder yes? But being a storm god himself I wonder if 'Son of Zeus' isn't better, mushing Greek and Norse in it's generations.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:25:40 PM by jonas »
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
Where did you make him out to be that one?
This is probably the first time Ive mentioned the idea.  It took a lot for me to get bored enough to start fiddling with Time Travel theories.  I get headaches :P

Curiously Odin is known for having OG Merlin as his protégé, and this is referenced in how he talks to Harry especially in SG.
If we're going with his family line though... He's a (the?)Son of God, and Mac, Uriel, EK and a few others are his direct
ancestors. Look at the eyes and the Hair of each. Golden blonde with Green eyes when applicable for either.
Demonreach has Green Eyes, can he be Demonreach's Offspring, explaining why he's so preoccupied with territory?  :D

*You know Donar Vadderrung translates as Son of Thunder yes? But being a storm god himself I wonder if 'Son of Zeus' isn't better, mushing Greek and Norse in it's generations.
The theory Id seen on that one translated it more as "Thunder-Son" or "Thunder, Next-Father" but the literal translation is weirder:  Donar=Thunder, Vader=Father, rung=level in hierarchy(?)

All that pointing to Thor having stepped up and taken over the original Odin's role.

I could see there being a connection made between the various European Pantheons, like greek and slavic but given how Hades was presented Im currently expecting them to be distinct beings that are contemporaries (absent behind the scene mantle-eating shenanigans)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »
Having no 'other' will force a vote between named options.
And render the voice of anyone who disagrees with the premise that Marcone has a special lineage mute.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »
And render the voice of anyone who disagrees with the premise that Marcone has a special lineage mute.
Can we get a "No Significant Family Ties" option, to address this concern?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:16:10 PM »
I went with Odin's group because that was the second supernatural element, after Harry, that he went to  for business purposes.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 10:43:27 PM »
Can we get a "No Significant Family Ties" option, to address this concern?
That is better than just "other."

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 01:44:25 AM »
All that pointing to Thor having stepped up and taken over the original Odin's role.

I could see there being a connection made between the various European Pantheons, like greek and slavic but given how Hades was presented Im currently expecting them to be distinct beings that are contemporaries (absent behind the scene mantle-eating shenanigans)
I actually tend to think Loki took the title, I know, oddity. But something about his trickster nature and lack of Hammer in place of a staff/spear... Thor would parallel Hercules too much to make a good Odin.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 05:11:42 AM »
Don't see Mac as an option.....  I'm voting Mac is his father, possibly before becoming *mortal*

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:50:07 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
I've added Mac and Loki to the options.  You can change your votes.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »
Holy Shit!  New Idea, and I actually want to believe this one:

Marcone is a MacFinn!!!!

It explains so MUCH!  The Enemy nearly wiped out the very necessary Loup Garou bloodline at the 11th hour (Universally speaking).  Vadderung couldnt risk another close call after that, so he sent Gard to take a more active approach to keeping the Fenrir Bloodline alive.  THAT is what Vadderung's interest in Marcone truly is, and it fits the timeline. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 02:31:59 PM »
Marcone is a MacFinn!!!!

It explains so MUCH!  The Enemy nearly wiped out the very necessary Loup Garou bloodline at the 11th hour (Universally speaking).  Vadderung couldnt risk another close call after that, so he sent Gard to take a more active approach to keeping the Fenrir Bloodline alive.  THAT is what Vadderung's interest in Marcone truly is, and it fits the timeline.

Hmm, I'll just add Harry to that list above Marcone :)

I think you have to add all players at Marcone's estate as being potential candidates too.  If I was to guess though, Tera West wanted to preserve her bloodline which is why she became involved in the plot with MacFinn.

Murphy, Alphas, FBI agents, Marcone and his allies, Harry, Tera West, Loup Garou.  If it really was an a plot to kill off the bloodline, then it would make sense to have the entire family tree there.

If that bloodline is also suspect, then it is possible that the Storm Front blood curse and the later Changes blood curse was targeting partly this Loup Garou family tree.  This would further support the idea that Harry, at least, lies on it.

It could make sense that Marcone and Harry share a Loup Garou family tree even if they aren't directly connected in a linear fashion, ancestor to descendant.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 02:46:25 PM by raidem »

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »
Holy Shit!  New Idea, and I actually want to believe this one:

Marcone is a MacFinn!!!!

Mwahahaha No, it's not a new idea. That's just the first time anyone besides me seems to have spoke it. I pointed out the appearance similarities ages ago.(the eyes and iirc Hair, but the eyes could be a summery fae thing) It's actually what makes Fix relate to Marcone/dangerous. Fix is the Mordred archetype to Marcone's Arthur.. as his own kid it wouldn't work but as a bastard of the same family... not sure about the rest of it, but Chauncey says "the cursed line of the family", meaning not all of the lineage was cursed, just the descendants of the original curse... distant relations mayhaps.
*they actually scrooged with the potential descendants of Odin and EK in FM, hence the Norse Berserkers being drug into it vs Harry intentionally.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 02:35:40 PM by jonas »

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 03:01:14 PM »
Mwahahaha No, it's not a new idea. That's just the first time anyone besides me seems to have spoke it.
finefine, New Idea to me then :P

I pointed out the appearance similarities ages ago.(the eyes and iirc Hair, but the eyes could be a summery fae thing) It's actually what makes Fix relate to Marcone/dangerous. Fix is the Mordred archetype to Marcone's Arthur.. as his own kid it wouldn't work but as a bastard of the same family... not sure about the rest of it, but Chauncey says "the cursed line of the family", meaning not all of the lineage was cursed, just the descendants of the original curse... distant relations mayhaps.
*they actually scrooged with the potential descendants of Odin and EK in FM, hence the Norse Berserkers being drug into it vs Harry intentionally.

Fix (aka Summer Knight) or Fitz (aka Street Kid that Sees Dead People)?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/