Author Topic: Road trip! A plan for a Pick up and play set of characters.  (Read 1577 times)

Offline TwinFlower

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, Ye so, I am aiming to set up a RP group with premades, all of them being made from the Minor talent template or something similar. My goal with the premades are that it would be pick up and play, something I can bring to conventions and use to introduce people to the DFRPG. for this I so far have 5 (working on a 6th) characters done. Thought I would post them here and hope for some feedback.

I placed all of them on "feet in the water" power level since it assumes the characters know very little of the Supernatuarl and the Supernatrual knows little of them. Without further addo, here are the muppet show.

Blake Horton

(click to show/hide)

Cathy Hardy

(click to show/hide)

Derek Estrada

(click to show/hide)

Hollie Malcom

(click to show/hide)

Steven Walton

(click to show/hide)

Any tips, suggestions or warnings you would have are welcome. I'll add the 6th one when he/she/it is done.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Road trip! A plan for a Pick up and play set of characters.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »
Hi everyone, Ye so, I am aiming to set up a RP group with premades, all of them being made from the Minor talent template or something similar. My goal with the premades are that it would be pick up and play, something I can bring to conventions and use to introduce people to the DFRPG. for this I so far have 5 (working on a 6th) characters done. Thought I would post them here and hope for some feedback.

I placed all of them on "feet in the water" power level since it assumes the characters know very little of the Supernatuarl and the Supernatrual knows little of them. Without further addo, here are the muppet show.

Blake Horton

(click to show/hide)

Why not just give him Cassandra's Tears?  It does the same as Oracle Vision.  And That'll save a refresh.  If you don't like Cassandra's Tear, I'd just make the visions an aspect.  I don't see any reason to spend refresh on it, really.  Maybe give him the Sight as well (to see auras) and let the +2 Lore help him interpret those visions.  Give him an aspect you can compel to open the Sight.  That would be cool.

Cathy Hardy

(click to show/hide)

Supernatural Sense (Threats) -1 [Can use Alertness to sense threats nearby and so cannot be ambushed]

Does she have to roll?  Alertness is already used to avoid ambushes.  Or is she immune to ambushes?  Is she only immune to supernaturals ambushing her?  What about mortal thugs?  You should probably clarify that.

I might give her a stunt that gives her +2 to notice ambushes instead.  Make her Pure mortal which would give her the +2 refresh bonus

Derek Estrada

(click to show/hide)

Entropic touch:  you should probably say how long this takes.  Can he do it as an action?  I think craftsmanship takes a bit longer...but possibly not.  I like the compel aspect of this power, though.  You might want to increase his discipline to make the power more useful.

Hollie Malcom

(click to show/hide)

He seems cool.  Pretty much a True Believer template

Steven Walton

(click to show/hide)

All nighter  seems underpowered.  For an extra refresh, you can give him inhuman recovery and he'd be able to stay up all night.  Maybe say that he can go Several Nights without sleep and/or, possibly, a bonus of some kind.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:32:07 PM by Taran »

Offline AstronaughtAndy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
I'm not sure about Derek's Needle and Thread stunt. Do you really think that character will be doing a lot of sewing? Also, maybe Entropic touch could give that effect to his Craftsmanship?

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:12:33 AM »
I'm not sure about Derek's Needle and Thread stunt. Do you really think that character will be doing a lot of sewing? Also, maybe Entropic touch could give that effect to his Craftsmanship?

I agree with both these comments.  Having Entropic touch based on craftsmanship is a great idea.

Needle and Thread:  How about +2 Rapport when he's wearing clothes he's made himself.
  Or, since he has Intimidate:  +2 Intimidate when wearing a costume designed to scare.  (batman)
or +1 to any social skill as long as he's wearing attire appropriate to the type of social skill used and provided he made the clothes himself.

Anyways...something like that.

Offline AstronaughtAndy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 05:55:15 AM »
Or what about making another character who had some enchanted items that were magic clothing he made?