Author Topic: Greater Glamours and the must of the power  (Read 1554 times)

Offline william722w

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Greater Glamours and the must of the power
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:55:33 AM »
Been working on starting a Charactor who has Glamours as a power. Their is a lesser and greater the greater is the -4 but it has a power must of Character must be a pure fae. Does anyone have any insight on this or are greater Glamours a power for NPCs
Thanks

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Glamours and the must of the power
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
It would seem that Greater Glamours was intended to be solely for NPCs, but there's really not much from a game design standpoint that would justify that.
Regardless, it's poorly written and should be heavily clarified if not rewritten if it's going to be seeing use from anyone.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline william722w

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 03:17:22 AM »
Thank you for the insight. its to bad I had a very interesting charactor in mind with the greater glamour being part of it. Sadly playing a Pure fae does not seem to be in the rule set the whole no free will thing gets in the way. I would be interested in seeing this clarifyed or re-writen as well. or at least the stats or way to work out playing a pure Fae. might be fun all but the whole burned by cold iron part anyways

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 05:00:31 AM »
Playing a pure fae is certainly possible, the line between where they do and do not have free will is pretty blurry from the books.  Even in game a negative Refresh cost means you have no free will, but it doesn't necessarily look like that to people observing from outside the NPC's head.  The blurryness of the line is why Harry keeps forgetting that sometimes friends of his might really want to help, but can't.

If I were going to play a pure fae I'd just keep my positive Refresh really low and auto-accept any Compels coming from my Court. 

Offline william722w

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
Cool thank you for the information. Will post the charactor when it is worked up to see what everyone things.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »
Just a note that the Fae fall into the "no freewill" camp of NPCdom, but if the table you're playing at is okay with the change then the ultimate rules authority (which is the table you're playing) is cool with it.

Richard