Author Topic: Request a Character...  (Read 14746 times)

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Realities PBW restart
Re: Request a Character...
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
I had the idea Sanctaphrax had that covered.  If not I'll try it, but otherwise you seem to be covered.
I thought they were character suggestions rather than ones he was actively working on.
Still Hang over city needs populating, so everything is needed and gratefully received :)

If you fancy doing a Full Wizzy have a look at
http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/The+Collective+Guild+Of+Liverpool+Manipulators+of+Magic
for the 'old school' wizards
http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/The+River+witches
for the militant feminist 'witches'
and
http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/Clubland
for the anarchy find your own way sorcerers

I would HATE to be a character in one of the stories I write -
and then there are the days when it looks too much like I AM!

Offline Marduk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
SO 6 Refresh, 20 point on skills
Focused Practitioner or Minor Talent
Powers -
-2 World walker to allow her to pass to and from the Nevernever as needed
-1 Sight - So you can see the beasts for what they are
-2 Channelling - Element=spirit/force - So she has some magical skills to use against them. Granny's book could well be the Focus Item she is using, giving +1 to both Offensive and Defensive control (Because is shows her HOW to do it rather than providing POWER to do it)

Total of -5 which leaves a very low refresh of 1 and no option for stunts.
:( So you might want to drop Sight or World Walker to give a few more options.

skills: Great (2):Rapport(For her wits), Presence (For the good looks),
Good(2): Lore, Gun (For Knowing where to hit and being able to hit there)
Fair (2):Alertness, Athletics (For not getting hit)
Average(2): Conviction, Discipline (For sticking with it when the going gets tough - and because she needs them for her 'magic' but is only just learning to control all that stuff.)

That looks good so far. I think I would drop World Walker for the start to get some stunts.

Any suggestions for Aspects?

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 08:06:24 PM »
I tend to get Aspects out of the stages of the back grounds.
So

Back ground
She grew up a normal girl
Aspect "Girl next door"

Rising Conflict
but not long ago her grandma died and told her on the deathbed about her familys secret:
Her family are a kind of guardians which guard the border between the Otherworld and our world against intrusions from the other side. She now inherits that duty.
Aspect: Guardian of the borderlands

First Story
I imagine her as a kind of monster hunter, trying to life a normal life while trying to fight the monsters which strangely start to cross the border in greater numbers then ever before because of some impending cataclysm or such.
So a  good First story would be first time she had to take down a monster and how that effected her life
Aspect:Monster hunting wrecks your social life

Guest Star & Guess Star redux you need to have the other P.C.'s stories so you can see how you will interact with their first stories.
Then the two aspects from those events will come out of that - so they could be anything.

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 08:23:34 PM »
"Character Pack 1" for the Expo game.
http://wilsonclan.org.uk/DFRPG/Abra-Rocko-Fred-Terry.pdf
The front pages are 'fuzzy' as to save it I'm doing a screen capture. If I can get a better version by scanning in I will.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 08:30:38 PM »
I thought they were character suggestions rather than ones he was actively working on.
Still Hang over city needs populating, so everything is needed and gratefully received :)

If you fancy doing a Full Wizzy have a look at
http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/The+Collective+Guild+Of+Liverpool+Manipulators+of+Magic
for the 'old school' wizards
http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/The+River+witches
for the militant feminist 'witches'
and
http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/Clubland
for the anarchy find your own way sorcerers

I'm thinking of a former IRA warden type. though you may not want a warden...he'd still be of a more militant, surly, mindset.

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »

I'm thinking of a former IRA warden type. though you may not want a warden...he'd still be of a more militant, surly, mindset.
Actually, being married to an Ex-Pat Ulsterman who left his home land because of "The Troubles" I have Personal Issues about the IRA. The whole thing is far more complicated than most people understand, but if you can down play the 'who he was being Military' with it would work -

Actually the idea of a warden on the run and hiding out amongst the scousers is hinted at in the background. May be if he is an 'Old' Wizard and the IRA in question is the original 1919-21 war of independence version
ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Republican_Army
There would be a wonderful irony of him having to find safety on the cursed soil of England

I'd rather avoid the 1970-90's terrorists & murderers of the P-IRA
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:48:44 PM by Team8Mum »

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »
Actually, being married to an Ex-Pat Ulsterman who left his home land because of "The Troubles" I have Personal Issues about the IRA. The whole thing is far more complicated than most people understand, but if you can down play the 'who he was being Military' with it would work -

Actually the idea of a warden on the run and hiding out amongst the scousers is hinted at in the background. May be if he is an 'Old' Wizard and the IRA in question is the original 1919-21 war of independence version
ref http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Republican_Army
There would be a wonderful irony of him having to find safety on the cursed soil of England

I'd rather avoid the 1970-90's terrorists & murderers of the P-IRA

I agree with you.  Many older wizards made bad choices in their past though.  It;'s part of their charm ;D  I'l lsee if I can stat one up later and see how you like him and his aspects?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
Please, go ahead and use those ideas.

I take no ownership of them.

Offline Marduk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 03:06:24 AM »
Alternatively switch something (a skill) out for endurance for a longer physical stress track.  You may try an item of power instead of being a spell caster.  It can be any weapon so guns works as would a melee weapon, but you'd need a different skill...weapons for example.

It is what it is: weapon of some type
Indestructable
One time discount: +2
True aim -1
Inhuman Speed: -2

This leaves room for a stunt and having 1 refresh leftover.

Or two refresh leftover.

Nice idea, but i think I see her more as a spellcaster type. Perhaps the book from her granny can be an item of power?

Offline Marduk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »
I tend to get Aspects out of the stages of the back grounds.
So

Back ground
She grew up a normal girl
Aspect "Girl next door"

Rising Conflict
but not long ago her grandma died and told her on the deathbed about her familys secret:
Her family are a kind of guardians which guard the border between the Otherworld and our world against intrusions from the other side. She now inherits that duty.
Aspect: Guardian of the borderlands

First Story
I imagine her as a kind of monster hunter, trying to life a normal life while trying to fight the monsters which strangely start to cross the border in greater numbers then ever before because of some impending cataclysm or such.
So a  good First story would be first time she had to take down a monster and how that effected her life
Aspect:Monster hunting wrecks your social life

Guest Star & Guess Star redux you need to have the other P.C.'s stories so you can see how you will interact with their first stories.
Then the two aspects from those events will come out of that - so they could be anything.

These are great so far. So I only need the High concept and the trouble concept? I was also thinking to link one of the aspects to her looks perhaps or do you think the presence skill is sufficient for that?

Offline Team8Mum

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 07:01:11 AM »
Could tack it on to the Girl Next door - "Cute girl next door"? - Draw on that 'I'm just like you and not one of these wierdo witchy types" to get people to listen to her more 'generously'. Bit of flirting etc.
High concept is what she is "Teenage Monster Hunter"
The trouble is the Job - The monsters coming through the rift in increasing numbers "They just keep coming" May be
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:04:24 AM by Team8Mum »

Offline Marduk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »

Offline Marduk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »
Could tack it on to the Girl Next door - "Cute girl next door"? - Draw on that 'I'm just like you and not one of these wierdo witchy types" to get people to listen to her more 'generously'. Bit of flirting etc.
The trouble is the Job - The monsters coming through the rift in increasing numbers "They just keep coming" May be

Still thinking about it. So besides of this, I can choose some rotes for her, is that right?

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
Nice idea, but i think I see her more as a spellcaster type. Perhaps the book from her granny can be an item of power?

Oh sure yeah.  IoP can be anything.

Please, go ahead and use those ideas.

I take no ownership of them.

Will do.

Mary Jane!!!!

Offline Raphael

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »
Love the Mary Jane idea.
Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ.
-Anonymous

True forgiveness is a self-healing process which starts with you and gradually extends to everyone else.
-Robert Holden

All warfare is based in deception...
-Sun Tzu