Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 86798 times)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Miami Game; Blood in the Water (was LFG ATX)
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2011, 01:12:17 AM »
WTF?
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/solutions-unlimited/characters/chelsea-boyd

Someone explain to my wife that I'm not spending sundays with half naked ladies  ???
Point out to here that she's an NPC (non player character)

i do like the character profile.... i take it shes based on someone in real life lol.
Perhaps..... 

can I use Npcs from my story and post them?

I don't see why not if Ian has signed off on your stuff. I just posted couple that are crucial to my character's backstory and that Ian needed.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
I thought of a new aspect for your character "B*tches be Crazy"  :D

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
I've been working on the wiki and I added a recap of our first session.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Malkyne

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2011, 11:44:23 AM »
My real life interests are Guns, and hand to hand (im a lvl 1 instructor yeah i know that just makes me the punching bag), ive also done krav on and off for a few years, and traditional Korean tai kwon do {none of that "American" crap} for 10 years before that.

"Traditional" Tae Kwon Do?  Heh.  Tae Kwon Do has only existed since the 1950s... now, subak... taekkyeon...

So, you're a KTA guy, then?  I was strictly sport (World TKD Federation).  But, that was back in my teens.  I was great, but I would surely be mauled, today.

Offline Malkyne

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
Tess that picture is Fantastic! Did you do that entirely from scratch??

Thanks!

I started with a reference photo with that composition, loaded it into Photoshop, did a sketch over it (changing the parts that I wanted to be different), painted the sketch, merged the layers, adjusted the contrast, and then cropped it, for the most part.  I can show you the photoshop layers, if you're curious how it's constructed.  I can still see a lot of errors in that painting, but I didn't want to spend much more time on it.

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2011, 01:18:54 PM »
Yeah i know it was "compiled" in the 50's (after the Japanese Occupation of WW2) from other various Korean and Chinese arts. That said, everyone in their army learns how use it. Non-traditional stuff, is the sport that it has become, when people learn it more for sparing then self defense. Master Choi was a teacher for the Korean special forces and he always used to say "rules, there are no rules in war, its either him or you. Which do you want it to be?"

that said we still did a lot of point sparing. Now that ive seen a lot of different techniques out there, my favorite is Krav. There are about 40 different "techniques" they want you to know, thats it. But the trick is mastering them. When i get the chance i want to get back into it.
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »
I learned KAJUNK.  Example.
wife "I think someones in the house"
me "on it, *grabs shotgun Racks round into chamber* KAJUNK"

So you guys are my new SHTF group.

I gotta learn photoshop. Did you use a tablet Tess or is that all mouse work?

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
Wow...we are a scary, scary group...guns, martial arts and geekery? I pity the fool that tries to rob any house we happen to be in...8)

fyi I studied Traditional Tae Kwon Do ages ago when I was in junior high.high school at the Park Institute. Actually it was a branch in my town but I went to the main school for the 1st belt test and several others. I got up to yellow + blue stripe then broke a toe on a bad kick and never got back into it. I'd like to get back into Martial Arts in general but I've got a hip/leg issue that won't let me bend my left leg fully at the hip...8P

The Broadsword I have is NOT pretty but it was at one point functional. If I ever had the skill or money to have it done I might get it re-worked to be nicer-looking but really it's really basic and I think it may have been a mold-cast blade as opposed to properly forged.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »
Never bring a fist to a gun fight. The Kajunk method is the best method of them all.

We never bothered with stripes except for the red belt (the last one before black) it had up to 5 stripes. Which i had all of them, because i never had enough money to pay for the test to black. That kinda why i got away from a lot of the martial arts. Im not a fan of the belt system. Plus most are family oriented, i wanted to go into a place with a few heavy bags hanging up, maybe a speed bag, chalk on the floor, and a ring in the middle....then proceed to learn and then beat the living snot out of each other.

To become an instructor (lvl 3, im lvl 1 its just a week long class) in the Army they send you to Fort Benning for a month, where you learn and fight for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. On the second week, when people are slowing down, the instructors start putting tasers into the ring. You loose, when the other guy tases you. thats a lot of incentive not to loose.

See yall sunday.
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
We should incorporate a taser into our game. You mess with the dm you get tased  ;)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »
Well that certainly sounds like one way to learn how to fight...8)

I need to figure out how Tess and Jason Formatted their Character Sheets to looks so nice. Makes finding things easier!
However it looks like only 1 person posted their 3x3x3 on the OP site, where did everyone else put theirs? In the Google Docs Site?

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
Its sitting in my wifes laptop ill send it when I get off work

Offline PirateGhost

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 28, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »
I need to figure out how Tess and Jason Formatted their Character Sheets to looks so nice. Makes finding things easier!

I spent a little time playing with their formatting options to organize it in a way that seemed to make sense.  I can copy out the raw source for you if you'd like, and you can paste it into your characters and fill in the appropriate parts.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Might be a good idea to post a blank for example. I''ll have to play with it a bit later.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
I went search for an image of an Ivory-handled, nickle-plated Desert Eagle with an Underbarrel Laser sight...I got these instead...

I'm a sucker for Slab-Shrouds in Revolvers...

LOVE the grip design...

The funny party is that these are airsoft guns...