Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 86837 times)

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Miami Game; Blood in the Water (was LFG ATX)
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2011, 09:38:55 AM »
Does everyone have photoshoppe but me?

I do have ms paint

You must use that as your character portrait.  Especially if that's a Texas-shaped belt buckle.

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »
If anyone cares, by the way, I think it would be Los Cuchillos Rojos (instead of Rojas) in order to maintain gender consistency between noun and descriptor. 

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »
Nice to see im not the only one you cant sleep tonight (so tired)...

bear, i dont have a gun safe, but i do have my man closet. We can put what ever you bring up in there until you vamanos. Most of my weapons are in that, to include my collapsible baton. The only exception is for my compact M&P40, which sits quite happily in my night stand. Not really into swords but the others might be.

My real life interests are Guns, and hand to hand (im a lvl 1 instructor yeah i know that just makes me the punching bag), ive also done krav on and off for a few years, and traditional Korean tai kwon do {none of that "American" crap} for 10 years before that. Ive never really had any inclination to learn ancient weapons, they just are not my bag. The closest ive ever come to trying was showing up for a few Escrema practices taught by one of the Gracie brothers when i lived in Hawaii.
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »
I'd say upload the notes under an appropriate heading in the wiki.  And anybody can upload NPCs.  If you look, I started all the NPC pages that are currently up.  Anybody can edit what's already up, too.  By all means, help me out with NPC notes and descriptions and whatnot, especially when it comes to the merfolk side of things.  I missed huge sections of that.  Mermaid princess?  What?  Who?  Huh?

Ethan's x wife is up.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »
Ethan's x wife is up.

Are the character pictures actual pictures of your ex?  If so, that is hilarious.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »
Are the character pictures actual pictures of your ex?  If so, that is hilarious.

I plead the 5th
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
You must use that as your character portrait.  Especially if that's a Texas-shaped belt buckle.
i hope thats what that is  ;)

Check out what my friend made, which is impressive and somehow hilarious

He's a good friend to do it on the whim.
I think the coat is too Dresden, and too hot for Texas and Miami

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2011, 01:05:22 PM »

I think the coat is too Dresden, and too hot for Texas and Miami

That depends on how acclimated he is to the weather.

I got used to wearing 2 layers + Armor with 110 degrees in the shade.

Your body can get used to anything.  Unfortunately, it can take a while to change it.  This is why so many of the illegals wear jackets when it's 85 degrees outside.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
Tess that picture is Fantastic! Did you do that entirely from scratch??

Wow this game is totally taking on a life of its own. Pretty soon I'll just have show up and throw out the scenes and clues and y'all can do the rest! 8)

On the subject of weapons; I actually own several swords myself including a cheap-ass but pretty Katana and an 18th Century Spanish Cup-hilt Broadsword that is in dire need of re-conditioning...also needs a sheath or at lest belt and sword frogge.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2011, 02:43:08 PM »
Looking at our Obsidian page, i was wondering how to upload some of the notes i did when digging though Miami's law enforcement agencies, any one know? Also as far as NPC's the characters came up with, is Ian the only one that can upload NPC's?

As far as I know anyone should be able to add in Case Notes to the Adventure Log Section. Let me know if you can't.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
I can donate two folding chairs to the cause come sunday btw

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »
I'm calling GM dibs on a comfy chair...8)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2011, 08:12:36 PM »
I'm calling GM dibs on a comfy chair...8)
See my aspect "cold dead hands"  >:(

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2011, 09:02:47 PM »

and an 18th Century Spanish Cup-hilt Broadsword that is in dire need of re-conditioning...also needs a sheath or at lest belt and sword frogge.

Ooooh sounds pretty!  I may be able to help you at at a later date.

I still need to make a new scabbard for my Angus Trim sword, but I have a quick, cheap, and functional one on it now that I may be able to emulate for your sword.

Now that I have a dreml tool I can make wood fit the blade a lot better too.  I made mine when I didn't have any tools but a jigsaw and sandpaper. :(

I've got half a side of leather waiting in the house for my scabbard project.  I just keep getting sidetracked with other projects.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2011, 12:25:43 AM »
WTF?
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/solutions-unlimited/characters/chelsea-boyd

Someone explain to my wife that I'm not spending sundays with half naked ladies  ???

i do like the character profile.... i take it shes based on someone in real life lol.

can I use Npcs from my story and post them?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:34:43 AM by fantazero »