Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 80952 times)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns
« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »
I thought of this, when it came to Marty

oh yeah, who won the superbowl?
also
who was playing?

Dunno but after I got home I watched Christina Aguilera screw up the national anthem and a painful-to-watch halftime show.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
I will say this, our National Anthem is terrible.
America the Beautiful is a much better song.
Easier to sing
Shorter
Better Rythem
And
it gets to the point

There are lost verses, additonal lyrics, long and short versions of the Star Spangled Banner. I mean, you rarely hear the long version, ever.  And no one knows all the words

Also coked out singers who get the words right, dont honor America anymore than coked out singers who get the word wrong.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »
I don't get too worked up about it either way.

The national anthem doesn't make a person patriotic, much in the same way that attending church does not make someone religious.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:48:57 PM by BumblingBear »
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »
I don't get too worked up about it either way.

The national anthem doesn't make a person patriotic, much in the same way the attending church does not make someone religious.

heh, I knew some people who would disagree with you there *, but no Touchy Topics per Board rules

*Notice I said KNEW

Also

And then I promise I will get back on topic
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:45:23 PM by fantazero »

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2011, 04:54:11 PM »
^^^ Uh huh.... riiiight.

So anyway - Ren, am I correct in my understanding that you're planning this current arc to last 2 more sessions so Z can get in on the climax?

I had no idea that the nurse was a/the character you wanted to play.

You talked when we first started about being able to switch out GMs - did you want to do that after this arc we are on, or after the second story arc, or later?  If you do play for a session or two or three, what would be a good transition point?

I'm actually pretty confident with my rules knowledge now.  If nobody else steps up to the plate so you could play your character, I was thinking I might give it a shot. :)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
Yes 2 more sessions to the end of the current Arc. I have plenty more planned for after that and lots of little stuff planned for in between the major arcs.
We'll see where we stand on open plots by the time this Arc is wrapped as I have some other things that will be coming up afterwords that I may want to continue working with for awhile.
Sarah is one of several character I'm thinking of playing when I get a turn to play but I'm not 100% settled on the idea as there are several other character ideas I have available. I'm also still tweaking the details for her.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2011, 06:29:34 PM »
Exploding dead guys? Man.....

As for who one Green Bay beat the Steelers by 6 but it came down to Green Bay making a good defensive play with about a minute left to stall the Steelers drive. As for that half time show.....good lord that was horrendous. Jen even said "i thought the black eyed peas would have put on a good stage performance." That was bad in so many ways that it hurts the soul. 

The game was so so. Green Bay took the lead and kept it the entire game and at times almost blew it but the Steelers had 3 turn overs or the game would have been more exciting.

The commercials were ok. None made me laugh out loud, some were worth a chuckle but over all Jennifer and I were disappointed about the general lack of quality. To quote her once again "coke needs to get the add agency that the car insurance companies use. At least theirs are funny."

Yes, i will be gone next week, but its a good thing. I will officially take over command of my third command this weekend. Its a vote of confidence for me. Most guys get one, and some sections of the army dont even get to command (human resources, most MP's, Air Defense, few more).  I will say that ive been having a blast.
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
Yeah I think the Half-Time shows have sucked quite a bit the last few years. The Stones came out looking pathetic when they did their thing a few years ago. I don't actually recall last years show as I didn't watch though given it was the Saints I should have.

Anyway yes there will be a write up at some point but suffice to say they located Eduardo...or rather he found them...

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
Yeah I think the Half-Time shows have sucked quite a bit the last few years. The Stones came out looking pathetic when they did their thing a few years ago. I don't actually recall last years show as I didn't watch though given it was the Saints I should have.

Anyway yes there will be a write up at some point but suffice to say they located Eduardo...or rather he found them...

I got all kinds of nasty mental imagery from how that one turned out.

I like to think that the pieces of penis landed on Marty.  His expression would have been priceless.

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »
I thought of this, when it came to Marty

Hollowed-out superhuman flesh balloon on a rampage?  I'm sure we can have a rational discussion about this like adults.  Hug it out, maybe.

Also, can't stop laughing about handegg.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 07, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
Speaking of flesh balloon...

Ren, what would have happened it I would have hit the zombie thing with a 35 stress magic spirit/fire attack I was about to use before Gavin had popped it?

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
There may have been a very large and possibly even earth-shattering ka-boom...luckily you will never know...until you run into another of those...what, you thought there'd only be one weird sea-spider death-balloon controller bug?

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 07, 2011, 08:35:22 PM »
There may have been a very large and possibly even earth-shattering ka-boom...luckily you will never know...until you run into another of those...what, you thought there'd only be one weird sea-spider death-balloon controller bug?

Good thing Ethan knows to try zapping them now. lol

Offline Delmorian

• Posty McPostington
  • The Pants are BACK Baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Gamers looking for Groups? (ATX)
« Reply #478 on: February 07, 2011, 08:45:22 PM »
As far as setting goes I'm currently fixated on using Miami, just like the idea that it sets a whole different tone and has a wide variety of odd things and places (Fountain of Youth?) as well as some swamps to hide bodies...that could be re-animated of course...8)
And I want to use were-sharks and were-rats as well...never got to use them in any old World of Darkness games! Well not the sharks anyway. And we can in a few local celebrities; Dexter, Michael Westin and crew? Fun stuff!
You forgot about Were Alagators, in the Everglades, Immortal Cursed Pirates in on Lake Ocachobee, and the City of Rotonda, FL 33947 (check it out on google maps, its a big eight slice circular development, with one slice missing. I have decided the eighth slice is located in the Never Never).

My planed DF game will have an accorded hotel on Miami Beach, which is done in raw stone, and has an aztec style. The fence is a stone serpent and holds a "dont see me" spell that keeps the "Straights" away, allowing the more... exotic... members of the accords to come and visit without having to use personal glamor. (there are banners collecting energy from the wind, and ceramic tiled pilings in the surf collecting energy from the waves that drive the spell, rather elegant, I thought)

So far, one friend has created an Okinawan hydro-mage for his character. Am still working on finding more RL local folks I can trust to game with. Am living in the town of Davie between Ft. Laud and Miami.

Note, Was half way through thread when posted this... feel free to disregard, or delete as desired.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:49:33 PM by Delmorian »
* Funny post quote that remains constantly relavant *

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 07, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
No worries its an open board, everyone is free to comment. And trust me I haven't forgotten the Were-Gators. In fact the Everglades Were-Gators are all part of a large inbred swamp-dwelling redneck freaks and their dire enemies are the Indian Were-Crocodile that also lives in the 'glades.
I may have to look into the Cursed Pirates thing as one of the players is actually haunted by a Cursed Pirate...then again maybe that's here he got it...8)
Thanks of the share!