Author Topic: Typo thread  (Read 29983 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Typo thread
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 03:24:40 PM »
Not sure if this is typo, but:

In the Index in the back of the books Evil Bob is linked to p. 110 OW and text briefly mentions it there, but the actual sidebar is on p. 111 OW.

Hmm, thanks!

Index also, Who is Number One? listed p. UR#6 (Or I just dont get it...)

Geek joke. Reference to The Prisoner.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline bestial warlust

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »
Hmm, thanks!

I am not a number I am a free man!

Offline Ard3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »

Ok, apparently I need to educate myself.  :)

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 11:07:25 PM »
Earlier in the thread, Deadmanwalking (I think...) made a mention of the Resolve skill being used in an example. I just found another reference to it on YS195 in the section on Assessments, at the bottom of the page.

I don't know if you caught this already or not but I thought I would throw this in myself :)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 11:29:23 PM »
Thanks. Once the Resolve issue was pointed out (there was a Science skill reference too), I hunted those sumbitches down for violating one of the Laws of Don't Get Your Versions Of Fate Mixed Up.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline Ard3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 05:48:41 PM »
Few things:

No idea if this is already done, but with enchanted items patch all persistent item description are wrong.
Harrys Duster & Warden Sword YS303
Warden Sword at OW174, OW214, OW195 (Luccio, Ramirez and Morgan respectively)
Sidebar OW175

In OW218 Susan's text, 2nd paragraph, says that she was Harry's second in duel with Ortega.

In Trixie Vixen's statblock in OW238 both her Mediocre skills lack numbers. I know the skill level is 0, but since all statted skills have the number  printed should it be added for consistency? It's only my opinion.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 05:50:15 PM »
No idea if this is already done, but with enchanted items patch all persistent item description are wrong.
Harrys Duster & Warden Sword YS303
Warden Sword at OW174, OW214, OW195 (Luccio, Ramirez and Morgan respectively)
Sidebar OW175

Of course they're wrong, since the entire passage that was patched isn't in yet.  We *did* cover that in our update of the source text, otherwise it'd be a pretty shitty patch. :)

In OW218 Susan's text, 2nd paragraph, says that she was Harry's second in duel with Ortega.

And...?

In Trixie Vixen's statblock in OW238 both her Mediocre skills lack numbers. I know the skill level is 0, but since all statted skills have the number  printed should it be added for consistency? It's only my opinion.

Agreed!
Fred Hicks

Offline Ard3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
And...?

It was Shiro. Damn it, I remembered it wrong. Nothing to see here...

Your response time is incredible.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

You should see how much refresh I paid for the ability.
Fred Hicks

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
It was Shiro. Damn it, I remembered it wrong. Nothing to see here...

Technically it was Both of Them.
Only Harry would go to a duel and have 2 different seconds.

Offline Ard3

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »
Technically it was Both of Them.
Only Harry would go to a duel and have 2 different seconds.

Yeah, I just remembered that Shiro did the negotiating part. Forgot Susan because her duty as second was just being there.

I shouldn't post when tired.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2010, 02:29:15 PM »
I've found a major discrepancy in Lawbreaker's rules and it's applications in OW.

In the section on Lawbreaker on YS p. 182, it says that if you break a Law three times, the Lawbreaker stunt goes to -2 Refresh and gives an additional +1 (for +2 total) to breaking the Law in question. So far so good.

However, in OW the various characters constructed with Lawbreaker don't follow this. At all. For example, Grevane doesn't have either of his Lawbreaker stunts at -2 despite clearly having done both those things dozens of times. We don't see him do it, however, so this is somewhat workable. What's obviously not right are Victor Sells (p. 224) and Madge Shelly (p. 226), both of whom are listed correctly with the +2 version...as a -1 Refresh Stunt.

This wouldn't be so major...but that's almost every time Lawbreaker is brought up (Harry and Molly excepted).

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2010, 02:42:14 PM »
Yeah, thanks for that. I'll go through OW and make sure of this. Lawbreaker stunts got left off a bit here and there too, but it's one of those things where they're more relevant for PCs than NPCs because the NPCs who have them are usually pretty far gone and powerful enough as it is.

EDIT: Turns out I'd already corrected Grevane, but not the other spellcasters w/ lawbreaker on the books. But like I said, in a few cases we left it off the books, though it's easy enough to add them in as an "upgrade"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:46:38 PM by iago »
Fred Hicks

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2010, 02:47:22 PM »
Yeah, thanks for that. I'll go through OW and make sure of this. Lawbreaker stunts got left off a bit here and there too, but it's one of those things where they're more relevant for PCs than NPCs because the NPCs who have them are usually pretty far gone and powerful enough as it is.

dont forget to add lawbreaker 7th to the gatekeeper :P
Brian Blacknight

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »
dont forget to add lawbreaker 7th to the gatekeeper :P

I'm not sure that's necessary. You need to use magic to break a Law, and we have no evidence at all of the Gatekeeper using magic to seek knowledge of beyond the Outer Gates. Mundane research? Sure, I'm sure he does that lots. Reaching there with his Magic? That strikes me as both stupid and suicidal, two things Rashid most definitely is not. And doing mundane research no more breaks the Seventh Law than shooting someone breaks the First.