Author Topic: Harry's character sheet is up!  (Read 8862 times)

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Harry's character sheet is up!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 01:44:54 AM »
and it takes him a really really long time in Stormfront to figure out who is behind things.)
That may also be to the fact that it's a mystery noir book. Consider in White Night how long it took Harry
(click to show/hide)
. Finding the badguy At The End is typically the convention.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 01:50:24 AM »
So Murphy would be at +3?

Alertness: Fair (+2)
Athletics: Good (+3)
Burglary: Average (+1)
Contacts: Average (+1)
Conviction: Fair (+2)
Discipline: Fair (+2)
Driving: Fair (+2)
Endurance: Good (+3)
Fists: Good (+3)
Guns: Great (+4)
Intimidation: Average (+1)
Investigation: Great (+4)
Presence: Average (+1)
Lore: Fair (+2)
Scholarship: Average (+1)
Stealth: Fair (+2)
Weapons: Average (+1) ** Her sheet is also post-Storm Front. She's gotten better with this skill over time.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 03:05:09 AM »
What did it "cost" to start play with those foci?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 03:07:07 AM »
What did it "cost" to start play with those foci?
You get a dollop of item slots with each spellcasting power you take. You can gain more slots by taking the Refinement power one or more times and using that dollop of refinement for slots (instead of more specializations, etc).
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 07:05:49 PM »
I notice Murph doesn't have a Superb skill; only one Great skill. Yet Harry has a Superb skill.

Are they created with different "levels" of starting costs? (Harry has 35 skill points to arrange).

Also, I notice that Harry has 2 slots for Enchanted Items open. Are those "free", the same way the Foci were "free" with his specializations? How would non-wizards start play with Enchanted items, and are those "free", or how would they "buy" them?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 07:36:23 PM »
I notice Murph doesn't have a Superb skill; only one Great skill. Yet Harry has a Superb skill.

Are they created with different "levels" of starting costs? (Harry has 35 skill points to arrange).

Also, I notice that Harry has 2 slots for Enchanted Items open. Are those "free", the same way the Foci were "free" with his specializations? How would non-wizards start play with Enchanted items, and are those "free", or how would they "buy" them?

Just because the skill cap is at a certain level doesn't mean that people have to make their top skill *at* that cap. That said, I forget if we did Murphy on a different skill cost basis than Harry; I don't have the time to do the tallies.

You can trade in a focus slot to get two enchanted slots, I think. It'll be clear in the rules. :)

Non-wizards wouldn't start play with enchanted items. There's gotta be a practitioner somewhere who made it, and that person is liable that item as a part of their own package of abilities. (That said, non-wizards might have an artifact of power, but that's a different kettle of fish. Again, you're asking questions that are bigger than a forum post!)
Fred Hicks