Author Topic: New Storyline... authors wanted  (Read 3119 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
New Storyline... authors wanted
« on: April 11, 2009, 04:24:56 AM »
We did this before and had a pretty nice story eventually wrap up.  I was bored and thought it was time to start a new one.  SOmeone sci fi this up...

The boy wasn't small.  His black thick hair was tossled--like always.  His ears were stuffed with ipod buds.  His blue jeans were faded and thin.  His tennis shoes never stayed tied and like normal--he was heading into the detention study hall, without his books.  He'd just stare at the clock and listen to his music.

The girl wasn't tall.  Her hair was long, straight, dirty blonde, but highlighted this week with blue.  Her eyes looked huge, because she'd outlined them in dark goth and had three small black dots under her right eye.  She was already in detention hall and her gum was tasteless so she removed it and stuffed it under the desk chair.  Her t-shirt was thin, her breasts pressed against the thin t-shirt, but she didn't care.  She expected to be heading out after her 'time' to a movie with friends. 

and someone can take the story from here....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:26:32 AM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Flashand

• Participant
  • Life, adventure or threat?
    • View Profile
Re: New Storyline... authors wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »
Standing on the storm glass plated balcony waiting for their ride, the city transit. The sky was light brown due to the smog a half century ago that still has not cleared. The anti gray cars flashing by on multiple pathways below and above.

The boy's sleek new polarized glasses that are all the rage keeps time to the music tapping his hand against his thigh.

The sounds of the vehicles cant be heard from the platform, but the flash of thier lights can. Another emergency vehicle blazes thorough past the windows as the time creeps by.
"There was a flash and boom there was nothing left."
"The funny thing is he went LD five minutes ago."

The adventures of gaining a nickname, a RL occurance.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 03:52:32 AM »
"Come on."  The boy said, taking her hand and they leaped down, landing on a lorrie's rooftop.  A few moments later they leaped down again to the roof of a family van.  Holding hands they balanced and leaped from flying vehicle to flying vehicle.  Driver's behind and below screamed out in terror, pointing at them through the windows and pressed the button on their blinking dashboards reporting that the delinquents were at it again. 

Several miles beyond where they began and down at least six vertical blocks, they leaped over to another platform.  They paused as they heard additional sirens overhead, looking for them probably.  Both shrugged and headed down the stairs to the antique train levels that lead to the bowels of the metropolis ghettos.  She handed him a new stick of gum and settled underneath his arm as they walked.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline CSDylan

• Conversationalist
  • It was a bright and stormy day...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:32:35 AM »
Nobody had been in the lower sections of the city in years. There were stories of all manner of creatures lurking in the depths of the Undercity, as was usual for such places. The temperature dropped as the pair walked deeper into the dark underworld of the city causing her to pull herself closer to him, not that he minded of course.
Eventually they came across what was once a children's playground, most of it's equipment rusted beyond recognition with one exception. A swing set that had once been painted a bright blue stood in the center of the area, rusted but not nearly as bad as the rest. A small smile formed on her face as she pulled him towards it.

Offline kero319

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 06:15:28 AM »
The playground had an eerie halo of light, created by chance through various intersections of the skyscrapers overhead. She continued to lead him towards the swings, their footsteps echoing in the silence. As the mounted the seats, a gentle creak resonated from the time-worn metal. As the rose higher and higher, it became a game, each one trying to get higher than the other. But as the boy reached the pinacle of his swing, one of the chainlinks snapped, sending him flying at an angle into the darkness.

Offline NothingWicked

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 06:12:53 PM »
The boy slid across the ground, sending a spray of stale grim into the shadows, and came to an abrupt stop. Gagging on the dirt cloud around him, he got up slowly using the wall he'd crashed into to steady himself.

The girl had stopped swinging and watched the boy's flight, masking her now fading panic with a air of mild concern. She hopped off her seat and started toward the boy, "That was special, you could've actually hurt-"

The boy turned back towards the playground when his grin slid off his face. She was gone. 
"per me si va nella citta dolente, per me si va nell' etterno dolore, per me si va tra la perduta gente"

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
He looked wildly aound the empty playground, panic rising like bile in his throat.  He'd heard stories -- didn't believe them, of course -- of people who slipped between the cracks in the city; disappeared, never to be seen again.

She was just playing some game, having him on.  She'd be back any minute now, laughing at him for his fears.

"Very funny."  His voice sounded loud, unnatural in the silence.  Her black sweater, that she'd tied arund her waist, trailed from the rusty chain of the swing, dragging in the dust.  A wind -- dry, warm, carrying with it a fetid whiff of decay -- swirled the dust around his feet, making the sweater flap like one of those birds he'd seen during their field trip to the Zoo.  Ravens, he thought they were called.

Then he heard the sound.  Faint, high-pitched, insistent, out on the very edge of hearing, he thought he'd imagined it at first.  Then he thought it must be some malfunction in his iPod, but when he removed the buds from his ears he could still hear it.  He turned his head this way and that, searching for the source.  It seemed to come from the direction of an old road that curved off to his right between two ruined structures.  Metallic, almost too high-pitched for human ears to hear, not mechanical in origin.

Organic, if he'd known the word.

The fine hairs rose on the backs of his arms as he stood silent, head to one side, listening.

Behind him, unseen, the swing recently vacated by the girl began to move back and forth of its own accord.
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »
To the beat of the creaking, empty swing a child's voice kept time with a very old nursery rhyme song...   A child unseen, yet the words were coming exactly from the spot his friend had disappeared.

".... Come out and play with me
And bring your dollies three.  Climb up my apple tree

"Shout down my rain barrel, Slide down my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends, forever more."

The boy stumbled backwards, his feet shuffling as the air dropped from it's already chilly temps to below freezing.  His breath puffing clouds of fear.  His eyes wide in terror.

"Playmate, won't you come and play with me, and we'll be happy friend for ever more."

Offline Benchleyfan

• Participant
  • Now I have Spidey's theme song stuck in my head...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »
What was really eerie was the voice sounded....wrong.  Not male or female, but an odd mixture of both.  It sent shivers down his spine. Suddenly, he wanted to be anywhere, but here.  "I don't feel like playing, thanks anyhow."  He hoped being polite would count in his favor, but doubted it.

The wind picked up, dust and trash whirled around him.  A dim shape could just about be made out at the edge of the abandoned playground....
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:19:52 AM by Benchleyfan »
A lot of people say: "I'm no good in the morning until I've had my coffee." I'm no good in the morning even after I've had my coffee.-Robert Benchley

Offline thausgt

• Conversationalist
  • Hyperspace Arsenal: A wizard's best friend.
    • View Profile
    • Perrin's Oddments
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 03:46:42 AM »
What the boy had taken to be a large bundle of rags in a long-sealed doorway shifted, then released a yawn. The man levered himself up to a sitting position. The lengths of dirty grey hairs escaping from the tea-cosy he wore as a hat flopped as the man turned his head, first facing the boy, then the still-forming apparition, then back at the boy.

"The surest shield is impeccable manners," the man said, in a rich, creaking voice from the wiry tangle of a beard. "In this world and most all the others." He raised a warning finger. "But the sharpest sword is a rapier wit."

The boy stared at him. "I'm pretty sure you're speaking the King's English," he said after a moment. "But I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about."

The man tilted his head a fraction, allowing a stray bit of sunlight to fall across his eyes. Slowly, they rolled upward, around to the side, then back to match the boy's gaze. He let out a sigh, then nodded his head at the... being. "Perhaps you should claim to be ill? 'Tis a bad year for the flu, you know."
From my heart and from my hand
Why don't people understand
My intentions?

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 08:44:40 PM »
"Perhaps you should claim to be ill? 'Tis a bad year for the flu, you know."

Without a word the boy sprinted across the playground, falling once hard upon the gravel, scrapping his knee raw in the process.  Terror his companion as he fled, but when he reached the break in the chain link fence, his jacket got caught.  He spun, trying to free himself.