Author Topic: DFRPG Online?  (Read 8970 times)

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: DFRPG Online?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 03:44:40 AM »
There will be an official DFRPG MUSH, with coded rules support for running your own one-shots or campaigns in private rooms, as well as a shared public environment (i.e., the latter portion more like a traditional MUSH).

Ack!  The code goddess is coming out of retirement?!?

Anyway, I've no idea what's up with Superautomagic, but City of the Mists is in the coding and building stage at the moment.  We're not likely to match the book system precisely, as Lenny was coming up with some other variations when he was working with us (we're leaving him alone since he's got to concentrate on the paid work.)

Offline AnOutsider

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 03:46:42 AM »
I found something that might interest table-top players:

http://www.obsidianportal.com/

Please keep in mind that I'm not a table-topper so I wouldn't know good from bad from useful, but I thought of you guys when I stumbled on it

Offline deadmanshand

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 09:32:34 PM »
I already run a Dresden Files play by post on RPOL called Into the Fire. We use Wushu instead of Fate at the moment and it's working fairly well so far. 3 gms. 18 players. 1200+ posts in the first week alone. Multiple storylines.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 12:13:09 AM »
Which flavour of Wushu are you using, just out of curiosity?

Offline deadmanshand

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 12:14:50 AM »
A personally modified one based off of the Exalted Wushu conversion. It's all posted in game.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 12:26:28 AM »

Offline deadmanshand

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »
yeah. It's heavily modified but that provided the bare bones of the structure.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 01:19:50 AM »
Did you implement magic a lot like they did Charms? That is, do you just get to add to your roll and describe it however you want? Or did you come up with a more robust magic system?

Offline deadmanshand

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 01:22:53 AM »
The first one. I wanted this to be quick and easy for online play. I wanted the least crunch I could and still emulate the setting. If you check out the game my rules are available to be read by the public.

Offline Lollie

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 03:08:09 PM »
I looked for this by clicking the link above and then entering "Into the Fire" into the search bar and came up empty.   :(

Offline Ahrrie

• Posty McPostington
  • Tiny... but Fierce.
    • View Profile
    • Art
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »
I mentioned once before that I was planning on doing a Free Form RPG on IRC. Well... The last couple of months have been dedicated to gathering information and compiling it for a website. There's still a lot to be done as far as my own humble little RPG goes.. however... I'm hoping to be able to open sometime in July if I have players.

So... if anyone here is interested... please feel free to contact me with questions or queries for information!

We're operating on the server www.sorcery.net in a room called #DresdenVerse, and you'll find me there under Ahrrie or Gwen.

For those of you that don't know what IRC is.. visit Sorcery's homepage, or you can download the program called mIRC at www.mIRC.com and connect to the server using this code: /server irc.sorcery.net

I look forward to hearing from any potential players.... and hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes!
-Alli

Offline craven411

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 11:36:10 PM »
anyOne know where i can find some sites to get all the info, rules, style ,and the other tidbits to follow the games progress?

Offline elraver

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 01:00:17 AM »
I am working on TableTop code for TinyMUSH 3, allowing people to come into a room, type a command that initializes the code for the room to the proper RPG and then allows for the entry of character sheets, rolling of appropriate dice (against difficulties, with bonuses and penalties, etc...), TableTalk seperated from IC talk, and more.

If folk are interested in creating a side room from their OOC grid on game, when I am done, I'll be happy to deliver the code to you (with the appropriate credit in the help files and such, of course). :)

-elraver

Offline merlik

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 03:04:10 PM »
Anyone try out http://www.obsidianportal.com/ yet?  I have heard good things and it recently won and ENnie which gives me hope. I think I will try it for my campaign that I am creating for Southwest Florida.  The wiki concept seems like a good idea to me.

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »
I went with Wordpress.com - not a wiki, but the many themes available and flexibility in setting up the content fit my style better. I did try OP, but didn't get to evaluate its best features as they're pay-only; saw a few sites there that obviously got a lot of love & attention from their owners and they look great.