Author Topic: Someone was asking for A good Recommendation. This was My answer!  (Read 214 times)

Offline Sneaksta

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Someone on Reddit was asking for audiobook recommendations for a good listen, and could help restore their faith in humanity.

I recommended Ole' Jim and the Dresden files.

This was the post from reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/audiobooks/comments/1b8mqee/i_really_need_a_listen_that_is_funny_and_restores/

This was My Reply...

Have your heard of "The Dresden Files" by Jim Butcher? To me it has everything! It has Modern day Wizards, and monsters. Drama. Comedy. Romance. Heartbreak. But underlying it all is The Underdog! The guy with tons of Potential, More brawn than finesse or skill, and is almost constantly outclassed! But Harry has one or two things that surprises them all. Bullies downright piss him off! He knows he will likely get flattened. He doesn't care. He stands back up, juts out his chin out of pure stubbornness, raises his middle finger, runs his mouth, (He lips off to dragons, and gods. He can't help it) , and says bring it! His belief that, even if he gets pummeled, By the stars, He is not going to take it laying down!

For the record, he gets pummeled pretty often. But out of pure grit, contrariness, and some quick, clever insults, and risky, insane ideas, with metric tons of luck, manages to save the day! Barely surviving in the process.

He still drags his ass back from the edge, and points his efforts into Protection good people, for the right reasons.

Nail Head on for me, without going longer or over-fluffing. What ya think?