Author Topic: New Weird  (Read 62542 times)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: New Weird
« Reply #435 on: September 28, 2024, 04:52:54 PM »
I'm well. It's been raining like monsoon season here and he had a genuine tornado.

How've things been here?

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 29, 2024, 03:11:37 AM »
(((((((PD)))))))) I've missed you.

Oh. I had not heard that about the weather. I hope you and yours are all right.

Well, pretty much everyone here, both in the SHOV  and in my city are coughing and/or with a cold. It seems an annoying virus is around. Also, the past week (not the one ending today but the previous one) my hubby was in the hospital due to pneumonia. We were truly scared, but in the end it was not so terrible. We spend 3 nights in the hospital but it could have been much worse.

Looking forward to 12 months. Jim official site says he is 78% of it.

Also, the economic situation in my country is dire, and especially for scientists and university teachers so...yes, I am complicated. But I suppose time will tell what happens. Meanwhile, I am doing mostly ok.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline PilgrimDan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 29, 2024, 08:46:35 AM »
Well, I haven't personally been affected, but the Thames (yes, the same Thames as in London) burst its banks and there's been extensive flooding. The Exeter Hall, a big community centre near me was flooded and so was my parent's garage.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 29, 2024, 09:46:37 AM »
I am glad you are directly unaffected but that is terrible. Along the years, I've knows several people whose garages have been flooded, and it is a real pain in the...back. Your back hurts after all the cleaning and ordering.

I hope the weather improves. One of our central provinces is literally on fire right now but it seems to be getting better. We need more rain, but it has been quite a dry year (again).

On a lighter note, I am watching several shows that I am enjoying. LOTR: Rings of power, season 2, is quite good if you can accept that they changed a lot of canon things. The first episode of The Penguin was interesting. And I am surprised I am enjoying Agatha All Along (I have not much hopes for that one).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2024, 10:59:59 AM »
Everyone is still here? I hope everyone is doing fine.
I've been quite upset lately because of real life politics that I won't comment here. I will only say that I've been in several manifestations. There is a fight for our public education, which traditionally has been a pride and joy of my country.
On a lighter note, I am watching Only murders in the building, really good I think it is quite fresh. I also finished watching Rings of Power and I am watching Agatha All Along. I was enjoying that one but the last episode I watched was not so pleasant. Not bad, only I did not enjoy it so much.
Missing you, Md