Author Topic: Could Nicodemus be one of the 4 horsemen?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Could Nicodemus be one of the 4 horsemen?
« on: May 11, 2021, 03:18:50 AM »
So there are the four horsemen of the apocalypse.  Nicodemus wanted to use the Shroud to start a plague curse.  Pestilence is one of the horsemen (depending on which version).  I was wondering if Nicodemus could be Pestilence. 

Do you suspect that any characters we've met so far could be any of the horsemen? 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Could Nicodemus be one of the 4 horsemen?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 06:10:20 AM »
That's an interesting question. I think you have to go back further in the logic train and examine whether the Four Horsemen would be "mantles" of a sort or whether they are simply roles that are filled at the end, or whether they are permanent positions or perhaps even spirit beings.

In saying all that, I do believe there was a hint regarding them and the Mothers - particularly that Mother Summer has a jar labelled Wormwood (the star that precedes the Horseman War), and that Mother Winter had FOUR different sets of teeth (which hinted at the Four Horsemen - steel for War, white for Death, sharp and savage for Famine, and rotted and chipped for Pestilence).
Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 07:11:22 AM »
Older theory of mine, the denarians deny entry into reality of things that would mirror the 4 horsemen by taking up that metaphysical space.
Some slight evidence of this comes from Woj about Thomas's demon vs iirc(if that wasn't it, I sure can't remember what it was vs him doing/having..)taking up a coin. The demon would get the short end of the stick. Why? Because I think the mirror it exists in is exactly what the denarians utilize.
Used to have this whole theory that it's the walkers, and the walkers with an EG style beast of burden, a la human host would be Riders.
That theory... Is somewhat broken by the 3 interconnected walkers. Though I think the fourth one is still technically the blackstaff.. MWs Walker stick.
Looking purely at Nic in DMs though. He utilized a plague curse set by a timed schedule. Sacrificing someone with the metaphysical mass of a KotC. Created havoc and then blamed it on a non supernatural source, terrorists. Thus downplaying any supernatural beliefs that might have been envoked. At the least, he was dispersing the apocalyptic state of mind, so it wouldn't build up in one spot.
Although.. later connections between fearbringer manifesting and Molly, make me believe this was also the point in time that she firsted used magic. An that she is in fact, the primary manifestation he was attempting to co-op.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 08:27:47 PM »
Older theory of mine, the denarians deny entry into reality of things that would mirror the 4 horsemen by taking up that metaphysical space.
Some slight evidence of this comes from Woj about Thomas's demon vs iirc(if that wasn't it, I sure can't remember what it was vs him doing/having..)taking up a coin. The demon would get the short end of the stick. Why? Because I think the mirror it exists in is exactly what the denarians utilize.
Used to have this whole theory that it's the walkers, and the walkers with an EG style beast of burden, a la human host would be Riders.
That theory... Is somewhat broken by the 3 interconnected walkers. Though I think the fourth one is still technically the blackstaff.. MWs Walker stick.
Looking purely at Nic in DMs though. He utilized a plague curse set by a timed schedule. Sacrificing someone with the metaphysical mass of a KotC. Created havoc and then blamed it on a non supernatural source, terrorists. Thus downplaying any supernatural beliefs that might have been envoked. At the least, he was dispersing the apocalyptic state of mind, so it wouldn't build up in one spot.
Although.. later connections between fearbringer manifesting and Molly, make me believe this was also the point in time that she firsted used magic. An that she is in fact, the primary manifestation he was attempting to co-op.

That's something I'll need to think on. That has a ton of interesting potential.

I always thought the Horsepeople were more multiversal pruners. Whenever the Outsider incursion gets too bad you trigger a true Apocalypse and destroy the infected limb of the Multiverse which is why the Mother's have them. As the Fates they see all the different choices and can wipe out wherever the Outsiders succeed before they actually succeed.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 04:00:54 AM »
That's something I'll need to think on. That has a ton of interesting potential.

I always thought the Horsepeople were more multiversal pruners. Whenever the Outsider incursion gets too bad you trigger a true Apocalypse and destroy the infected limb of the Multiverse which is why the Mother's have them. As the Fates they see all the different choices and can wipe out wherever the Outsiders succeed before they actually succeed.
Well, that seems to be what the Archangels are for. Jim has discussed how when Uriel etc fail to save a universe, he has to destroy it. But it interesting to wonder how the Mother's and other Gods fit in.

Offline K.L.O.E.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 02:27:32 PM »
Well, that seems to be what the Archangels are for. Jim has discussed how when Uriel etc fail to save a universe, he has to destroy it. But it interesting to wonder how the Mother's and other Gods fit in.

I always figured the Horseman were some form of Angel and that the events around a deployment bowls, trumpets, etc. were just the way of summoning them, so in this case the Mother's would be responsible for calling in the Angel Strike so to say.

Just doubling back to this what if the Walkers actually reflect the Holy Trinity? Three Major Walkers, for Three components of God. Before is the Father, Besides is the Holy Spirit, Behind is the Son? Unless there's four I'm not sure how they could line up with the Horseman.

I like the concept of the Nickelheads being able to take up metaphysical space though. Maybe they help keep the Oblivion war victims or the Prisoners of Demonreach locked away? With the presence of the coins acting as low hanging fruit for corruptible individuals rather than reaching outside or into some super forgotten ritual.
Kyle Lowry
Everything

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 04:25:28 PM »
Nicodemus is Anduriel ‘s beast of burden. The only place he can get with those riders is as horse.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 06:56:38 AM »
Nicodemus is Anduriel ‘s beast of burden. The only place he can get with those riders is as horse.
So which rider would he be then? I could only see him as War or Death. I know he did the whole plague thing with the shroud but he doesn't seem to fir the Pestilence vibe, or the Famine one.

I always figured the Horseman were some form of Angel and that the events around a deployment bowls, trumpets, etc. were just the way of summoning them, so in this case the Mother's would be responsible for calling in the Angel Strike so to say.
Well, I am not sure why the Mothers would need Angels to act for them. They have a whole nation of Faeries (perhaps several...depends on if the Mothers are multiverse spanning - which is the implication currently), so act for them. Not to mention on the Grand Scale they are around Archangel level in raw power anyway, so it would depend on what limits they have at using that phenomenal power. I'd guess it wouldn't be dissimilar to Uriel's limits.