Author Topic: Drakul's betrayal of the Black Court wag  (Read 1616 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Drakul's betrayal of the Black Court wag
« on: March 18, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »
Drakul might run the Black Court vamps but he works much more like a White Court vampire.  He has incredible power but appears to prefer deception, and misdirection than brute force.  He prefers a small, elite group of members over a huge empire like the Red Court.  He prefers to be invisible, until it's time to act.  He prefers caution, to recklessness.  He could have killed LTW, and River Shoulders, but the plan was falling apart, and he chose to exit the scene rather than risk staying, and fighting.

I suspect that the White Court didn't know the weaknesses of the Black Court, but Drakul did.  I think that Drakul's son's ambition led to the Black Court getting far to big, noisy, and powerful.  They were drawing the attention Drakul didn't want, but more than that they were growing too powerful for him to control.  So he slipped the information on how to defeat them to the White Court.  This would allow their large numbers to be eliminated, leaving only the strongest around, just as Drakul wanted.  And because it was the White Court that released the information, the surviving Black Court members would be loyal to Drakul, just as he wanted it.

I suspect Mavra either knows this, or suspects it to be true.  So she's planning on overthrowing him at the Stars and Stones.  It's the real reason she wanted the Book of Kemmler.  She's gathering as much information, and power as she can.  She's pretending to be loyal to Drakul, for now.  When the time is right she wants to replace him. 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Drakul's betrayal of the Black Court wag
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 08:26:39 PM »
According to Jim the ones that survived are the careful ones, the ones that are quick to flee.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 02:59:43 AM »
According to Jim the ones that survived are the careful ones, the ones that are quick to flee.

Well he also said that Drakul wants a small group of "super stars". 
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Yuillegan

• White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 04:05:54 AM »
I also wondered if that was Mavra's eventual plan. Your theory is definitely plausible. Although it's just as possible he didn't "betray" the Black Court and it was the Black Court's own hubris that got them killed. But I do like your theory nevertheless.

Question though, why would Mavra wait until the Stars and Stones event? Assuming it is an event, or just the one event. She could always just perform it in a random city with less Council and no Dresden. I can think of a few. Perhaps it's because the power-up would be maximised. Also, I suspect Harry inadvertently gave her an extra weapon when he said the Word of Kemmler contains information on how to use Necromancy to control Black Court Vampires. The question then is does Drakul have normal Black Court Vampire weaknesses? I would say not, based on his appearance and increased power. But we will see. 
Hi, I'm a moderator. We're here to help. Please remain calm. Don't go outdoors.