Author Topic: Who broke Little Chicago?  (Read 11083 times)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Who broke Little Chicago?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2021, 05:26:54 PM »
1 Harry fixes the beetle regularly.
Harry fixes it to a certain extent. It's constantly in a state of disrepair. Simply losing control and ending up on a curb could be enough to render it inoperable.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2021, 05:39:40 PM »
Harry fixes it to a certain extent. It's constantly in a state of disrepair. Simply losing control and ending up on a curb could be enough to render it inoperable.
I'm talking about the body damage. Not it's actual ability to run. Mike does body damage pretty regularly for Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »
Nobody broke little Chicago, it was just a production fault. Mab fixed it because she had to preserve his life just as she said in dead beat. She was acting godmother at the time because she had Lea locked up.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2021, 09:33:14 PM »
Nobody broke little Chicago, it was just a production fault. Mab fixed it because she had to preserve his life just as she said in dead beat. She was acting godmother at the time because she had Lea locked up.
Ooh. And we know friendly Faeries can cross thresholds uninvited...

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 10:41:07 PM »
Mab is in Arctis Tor, locked down after the attack. That's assuming that LC was fixed in the interval when the crew is out of the house, including Mouse and Bob.  Maybe Rashid as Mab's representative.  If Harry just fouled it up then of course free will and all that and Uriel can't help. Same thing for Molly. Anybody from the future would split the timeline. So our Harry would now be Harry2. That per Vadderung in Cold Days speaking to paradoxical time travel.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2021, 06:02:43 AM »
Mab had enough time for an occasional visit and leave a comic, without doubt one Sarissa gave her:

“Thanks,” I said. I dragged out the heavy
plastic storage box. It was filled with books, most of them leather-bound,
handwritten treatises on various supernatural topics. Except for one book that was a compilation of “Calvin and Hobbes” comic strips. How had that gotten in there?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24814.It_s_a_Magical_World
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2021, 05:37:21 PM »
I'm talking about the body damage.
The body is constantly in a state of disrepair. There's always something for Mike to fix. Lose control of a car with low clearance and run it off the road in a major urban center and see if you have any body damage that would need to be repaired.

So he takes it to Mike, who asks, fix what?
And this is what you said. My response to it says what Mike would assume Harry is asking to be fixed.

Further, Harry's not worried about body damage that isn't more than cosmetic.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2021, 06:49:44 PM »
The body is constantly in a state of disrepair. There's always something for Mike to fix. Lose control of a car with low clearance and run it off the road in a major urban center and see if you have any body damage that would need to be repaired.
And this is what you said. My response to it says what Mike would assume Harry is asking to be fixed.

Further, Harry's not worried about body damage that isn't more than cosmetic.
this expects everyone, including people who regularly work in identifying and fixing damage to be too stupid to notice he ran himself off the road, lack of paint scrapes, major dents from being rammed multiple times, ect. That's implausible, and reaching at best.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2021, 07:25:29 PM »
Grayson came ambling over to us. “Wrecker’s on the way,” he said. “What do we got here?”

“Hit and run,” Murphy said.

Grayson lifted his eyebrows and eyed me. “Yeah? Looked to me like you got hit a couple of times. On purpose-like.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2021, 07:36:38 PM »
this expects everyone, including people who regularly work in identifying and fixing damage to be too stupid to notice he ran himself off the road, lack of paint scrapes, major dents from being rammed multiple times, ect. That's implausible, and reaching at best.
Then make that case. Not a specific claim that Mike wouldn't know why Harry bothered to bring the car in.

Offline The_Sibelis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2021, 01:44:23 AM »
Then make that case. Not a specific claim that Mike wouldn't know why Harry bothered to bring the car in.
Already did.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2021, 02:15:52 AM »
Maybe the Calvin and Hobs was a message of some kind......  Left by Harry for Harry, and it will only make sense at a future date.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2021, 02:49:50 AM »
Since the quote comes from Small Favor it's hard to see it's relevance to Proven Guilty. It did occur to me that Jim was trolling his readers and introducing the idea that there was a door into Winter in the Lab and preparing them for a trip down the primrose path.

Offline vincentric

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2021, 07:13:11 AM »
Since the quote comes from Small Favor it's hard to see it's relevance to Proven Guilty. It did occur to me that Jim was trolling his readers and introducing the idea that there was a door into Winter in the Lab and preparing them for a trip down the primrose path.

And that I think answers the question.

Harry "broke" Little Chicago when he was making it. Leah( or Mab if Leah was incapacitated) saw the flaw and fixed it in her godmother mode without telling Harry.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2021, 09:45:58 AM »
It is all in the time that Mab was handling Lea’s tasks. Part of that apparently was visiting Harry’s apartment to see if everything was all right.

She could use Lea’s backdoor if needed but we have seen that she could enter Michael’s house easily and she brought gifts. She just had to behave as a proper guest. As a guest and godmother bound by Margaret’s deal fixing Little Chicago when she saw the flaw was something she could do and maybe even had to do.

That period started somewhere before dead beat and ended somewhere before changes. The time that little Chicago was fixed.
SH[Elaine+++]