Author Topic: mab is protecting harry I think (and it helps Lara too)  (Read 1681 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
mab is protecting harry I think (and it helps Lara too)
« on: January 24, 2021, 09:51:50 PM »
The marriage to Lara is a way to protect him.  After being kicked out of the Council he was basically on his own, no form of legal protections.  By marrying into the White Court, he is now has a form of protections that Mab can't really provide in the mortal world
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 06:44:21 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline b4utoo

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: mab is protecting harry I think
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 02:26:29 AM »
Well I thought this was a no brainer. But it goes way deeper than simple protection. He gets back his accords voice as well and white court protection that gets backing from fairy by not just protecting the winter knight but the White Court spouse lol

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 05:21:05 PM »
Well I thought this was a no brainer. But it goes way deeper than simple protection. He gets back his accords voice as well and white court protection that gets backing from fairy by not just protecting the winter knight but the White Court spouse lol

That's what I was saying :).  It may be a no brainer but, but it wasn't said. 

Also I believe Lord Raith is nearing death.  The White Court would be in turmoil, and Lara would likely lose control.  With Harry Dresden, the Winter Knight as husband it would give her much more power.  The others in the family wouldn't want to be on Mab's or the slayer of the Red Courts bad side.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 06:53:54 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 08:24:07 PM »
He gets back his accords voice.
He may have had a larger voice under the Accords as Winter Knight than as a regional commander in the Wardens. He has status as a member or an Accorded Nation as Winter Knight. He'd have the same legal protections as Winter Knight as he did when he was just a member of the Council.

As consort to the defacto White Court ruler, I don't know if he would even be considered a member of an Accorded Nation. He'd probably be considered someone the White Court had a recognizable interest in, like the Council had in the women from WN. It's probably the same for the consort to the dejure White Court ruler, if/when that becomes relevant.

The protection the Council gave Harry wasn't a legal one so much as it was one of fear of retaliation. I think that protection was more important than any formal protections. It's that fear that probably saved Harry from being executed by the Council as a warlock. Fear of Mab and maybe even fear of Eb.

A lot of creatures that are said to be coming for Harry after he got kicked out of the Council probably foolishly are thinking of him being Winter Knight as Bob thought of the Knights in SK. As disposable as Dixie Cups. Just there to hold power. We know Mab didn't just want someone to hold the power of the Knight. She wanted Harry. I think anyone in the DF who was paying attention would have realized that. Therefore, Mab would have to react to someone killing Harry or lose face among those who had been paying attention.

Becoming Mr. Lara Raith will probably give him some to most of the protection of being in the Council back, but probably not all of it. It's probably his dumbest enemies who are only now looking for payback. Many of them will think of killing Lara's consort as only poaching and thus underestimate the likelihood and size of a response from the White Court. Those that get the importance of it as an alliance between the Winter and White Courts might not fear the White Court as they did the White Council. Other enemies might fear them more.

Offline Telynn

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: mab is protecting harry I think (and it helps Lara too)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 12:39:35 AM »
And it balances one of the favors she own Lara, even if Lara didn't exactly want that to work out quite like that (from her reaction) it did end up being one of the things she asked of Mab.