Author Topic: Peace talks spoilers: Thomas... Metamorphosis???  (Read 7550 times)

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Peace talks spoilers: Thomas... Metamorphosis???
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 03:17:14 AM »
Question: Can Thomas fed upon Ethniu?
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2020, 03:53:31 AM »
Interesting. A priori I would say no, it would be like trying to eat a whole pizza in one bite but if they somehow find a way to dosify it.

I am wondering if Harry's plan would work. If he really defeats the Titan and traps her she will feel the damage she caused, which is really a lot. But Christmas Eve, with him feeling guilty about being so arrogant, I don't think the pokeball plan will work. I just wish to know exactly what he means by "if it wasn't for the kid..."
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2020, 04:33:06 PM »
Interesting. A priori I would say no, it would be like trying to eat a whole pizza in one bite but if they somehow find a way to dosify it.

I am wondering if Harry's plan would work. If he really defeats the Titan and traps her she will feel the damage she caused, which is really a lot. But Christmas Eve, with him feeling guilty about being so arrogant, I don't think the pokeball plan will work. I just wish to know exactly what he means by "if it wasn't for the kid..."

I think Harry thought he arrogant thinking he could do it, because containing the Titan was a lot more difficult than even he imagined.. I also think there will be a lot of collateral damage when he uses the Spear or even perhaps the Placard..  It could be what he was trying to tell "them" the damage these weapons would cause, i.e. like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2020, 08:15:39 PM »

I'd say it's probably theoretically possible - Ethniu is a Celtic power (one of the original Fomorians) and the powers and gods of Celtic myth are very "human" and passion-driven (as opposed to say Judeo-Christian/Islamic angels). So I'd expect that the Raith feeding power *could* work in a way that might not be possible against an angel or Outsider or something.

And there is that old WoJ about 'who could beat Mab' which implies the White Court could theoretically (although it's very improbable) control her.

But I don't think it would work in practice. For one, it would take too long; Ethniu could probably destroy Thomas just by opening her Eye.

Even if it could be done, it could very well heal Thomas, but I don't think it would be of much use in defeating Ethniu - we see in "Bigfoot on Campus" that a powerful-enough 'aura' can absorb Whampire life-force feeding without harm, and Ethniu is way more powerful than a Bigfoot Scion.

Offline Conspiracy Theorist

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2020, 10:48:58 PM »

Never eat an energy field larger than your head.

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2020, 01:13:10 AM »

Never eat an energy field larger than your head.

Yeah, normally it shouldn't be possible. However, if Ethniu is suppressed by Harry and demonreach, could she be weakened enough for Thomas to fed upon?

The point is I want to know weather Ethiu's life force is theoretically compatible as food for a whampire demon. Humans can't eat iron ingots no matter what, while potatos, though poisonous, can be eaten under the right process.

I am wandering if Ethniu can be processed.
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 01:52:10 AM »

That sounds so fun  ;D ;D ;D
(a valid question, though)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2020, 04:00:39 AM »
He has the complete set except the Grail.
I meant in his duster in SG. I knew he ended up with everything but the Grail from the vault.

I just wish to know exactly what he means by "if it wasn't for the kid..."
If it wasn't for Maggie he would, or might, spiral into a deep and disgusting depression like he did when Susan was taken in GP. That was my reading.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2020, 05:26:36 AM »
Yeah, normally it shouldn't be possible. However, if Ethniu is suppressed by Harry and demonreach, could she be weakened enough for Thomas to fed upon?

The point is I want to know weather Ethiu's life force is theoretically compatible as food for a whampire demon. Humans can't eat iron ingots no matter what, while potatos, though poisonous, can be eaten under the right process.

I see no reason why not. In the end it is all spiritual energy. It brings with it nature though that will influence you on a big scale.

We already saw that Justine could influence Thomas moods by choosing his food sources, that ghosts/shades eating others can be dangerous and crazy. That Harry is not old and stable enough to use the island leafy line as an energy source and on and on.

If a Thomas eats Ethniu under the right circumstances, say Halloween, he might become a god. Probably not a nice one.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2020, 06:55:10 AM »
If it wasn't for Maggie he would, or might, spiral into a deep and disgusting depression like he did when Susan was taken in GP. That was my reading.

Ahhh! You are probably right, thank you!
Missing you, Md 

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2020, 12:44:23 PM »
Definitely, it’s a parallel those who know Harry can draw, which is why Kringle, Molly and Mab have all tried to cheer him up.

Which reminds me Kringle is a Mantle, and Odin is due to die at Ragnarok, who inherits the Mantle? Be nice if Harry swapped it for that of the Winter Knight, from Winter Knight to Silent Night, but the best choice? Michael Carpenter, father of the current Winter Lady of whom Kringle is Vassal. He would be a natural.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2020, 01:02:52 PM »
Definitely, it’s a parallel those who know Harry can draw, which is why Kringle, Molly and Mab have all tried to cheer him up.

Which reminds me Kringle is a Mantle, and Odin is due to die at Ragnarok, who inherits the Mantle? Be nice if Harry swapped it for that of the Winter Knight, from Winter Knight to Silent Night, but the best choice? Michael Carpenter, father of the current Winter Lady of whom Kringle is Vassal. He would be a natural.

Yeah, but I think Michael would prefer to go to his Lord.

Offline Maz

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2020, 06:39:16 PM »
We have this ol' WoJ gem which I believe can be applied:

Hmmm.  In terms of pure, raw power, several who have appeared or been mentioned in the books could pull it off, though neither side would really “win” as much as “continue to exist.”  Plus, the sudden absence of Mab would do freaking HIDEOUS things to the earth.  But here’s who has the necessary horsepower do it:

o   Titania–though it would be a coin toss.  Almost literally.
o   The Mothers (who wouldn’t)
o   The White Council.  As in, ALL the White Council.  Every wizard on the planet.  And they’d need her Name.
o   Drakul.
o   Ferrovax.
o   The Red Court–again, ALL the Red Court, though their odds wouldn’t be good.
o   The entire White Court–very, very long odds on that, but if they actually pulled it off, whoever took Mab would effectively control her power.
o   Cowl (if the Darkhallow had succeeded).
o   A union of the old Elders of the Black Court.  They were freaking scary until the Whites arranged to have them hounded down by mortals.

All of that, of course, assumes that Mab is standing there alone, outside of Faerie, and not commanding an entire nation, literally millions and millions and millions of nightmarish creatures of every description.  Which she does.

There’s a REASON that when Mab said, “Sign these Accords and abide by them,” people listened. :)

Shift back... if it would take the entire White Court to overcome Mab, I can't see enraged Thomas taking on a Titan without significant assistance.  Now, you wouldn't need Thomas if you already had Alfred.  Unless somehow the Titan is weak to White Court power.  So can't see Thomas really helping there.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 07:21:11 PM »
“Yeah, but I think Michael would prefer to go to his Lord.”

By not taking on the Mantle of St Nicholas? Where do you think ‘Santa’ comes from?. He knows that eventually he will meet up with his family again whatever. All that is needed is a release of his Vassallage to Winter, which Vadderung did to be able to hobnob with Mab in a different capacity, and boom that Mantle is independent, able to undertake good works on behalf of the Lord.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »
“Yeah, but I think Michael would prefer to go to his Lord.”

By not taking on the Mantle of St Nicholas? Where do you think ‘Santa’ comes from?. He knows that eventually he will meet up with his family again whatever. All that is needed is a release of his Vassallage to Winter, which Vadderung did to be able to hobnob with Mab in a different capacity, and boom that Mantle is independent, able to undertake good works on behalf of the Lord.

Yup, I think given the choice, Michael would rather go to Heaven where his family are waiting, the spend eternity even as Santa.   Though parting with Molly would be hard for him.