Author Topic: Gateway to hell....  (Read 2481 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Gateway to hell....
« on: July 04, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
Jim has a pretty good sense of humor.  Anyone else wonder if the Gateway to hell will actually be located on a highway?  Would be hilarious if Dresden opened up a gateway while driving his new Bug while rocking AC/DC and highway to hell.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:49:08 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Gateway to hell....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 06:45:20 PM »
Jim has a pretty good sense of humor.  Anyone else wonder if the Gateway to hell will actually be located on a highway?  Would be hilarious if Dresden opened up a gateway while driving his new Bug while rocking AC/DC and highway to hell.
The way the nevernever works the way to create a gateway to hell is to create hell on earth first. Then you can just open a gate.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »
I thought the gateway to hell was in a bank.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »

Hades realm =/= lucifer's domain.

The way the nevernever works the way to create a gateway to hell is to create hell on earth first. Then you can just open a gate.

The nevernever is weird, and doesn't seem to have rules set in stone but more fluid, and built around belief.

Actually curious to see how Jim addresses it.  The ideas of hell have changed over the centuries from being a cold place to a place of fire.  It could be that Jim will choose a different idea entirely.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:25:59 PM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »
Funny, I always thought it was in an attorney's office. :D
That would be... AWESOME! By the way, this pic reminds me of that cave where the exhaust from the rocket launch went in The Incredibles movie.
Or find a place where it is already hell on earth and open a portal from there. An Asylum, perhaps. Or a place where they torture people for information. A particularly violent civil war border.
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 11:35:45 PM »

I like the way that looks.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Wizard Sibelis

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »
It's in a prison somewhere, someplace that denies freedom existentially... though, I think it's entirely possible to create your own resonance with it by choosing a pre-existing spot and adding a bit to it, it seems to be how Nic absconded with such a steady energy stream from Lucifer on DR.