Author Topic: Saw this pic/quote and it reminded me of Harry  (Read 2204 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Saw this pic/quote and it reminded me of Harry
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:04:30 PM »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Fcrate

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Saw this pic/quote and it reminded me of Harry
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
Hah. I liked that movie, and the meme is surprisingly fitting :D
هل أخذت الغاب مثلي منزلاً دون القصور
فتتبعت السواقي وتسلقت الصخور
هل تحممت بعطره وتنشفت بنور
وشربت الفجر خمراً من كؤوس من أثير

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
Just watched the Cornetto and Blood Trilogy this past weekend, and The World's End is probably my favorite of the three.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 05:54:42 PM »
Just watched the Cornetto and Blood Trilogy this past weekend, and The World's End is probably my favorite of the three.

Really?  That's funny.  I haven't watched it yet but both my brother and I loved Shaun of the dead, and Hot Fuzz but he said this movie was so poorly done that he actively tried to forget that it was made.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Really?  That's funny.  I haven't watched it yet but both my brother and I loved Shaun of the dead, and Hot Fuzz but he said this movie was so poorly done that he actively tried to forget that it was made.

I thought it was great. I saw it in the theater, and the plot swerve wasn't advertised beforehand, so I REALLY wasn't expecting what I got. It's so over the top that, in my opinion, it crosses the line twice and comes out hilarious.

It's also the only time I ever got remotely emotional in the C&B trilogy, as one of the scenes hit particularly close to home with upsetting simplicity. I highly recommend it; it's worth the rental if nothing else.