Author Topic: Question and theories about Gatekeeper/wizards  (Read 1780 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Question and theories about Gatekeeper/wizards
« on: June 01, 2018, 04:42:00 AM »
Alright my memory might be off but did Jim say somewhere that Gatekeeper avoids using too much magic or something like that?  Then that leads to this quote by Jim:

Indeed. In the Dresden Files universe, magic is the essence of creation itself. Constant exposure to it through use changes the person who uses it in a number of ways, not all of them as obvious as physical recovery and longevity. The more exposure, the more dramatic the changes.

So if my memory was accurate, could Gatekeeper be avoiding using it because of the changes it's creating in him?  If you use enough magic do you become something more?  A lower level god, or something like that?  Wizards get more set in their ways with time (I think Jim said).  So if you use enough magic, over enough time could this basically cause you to become your magical beliefs or a Mantle bearer?  Almost like you use so much magic over a period of time you come to the point of no return where you elevate to a stronger Being but more limited in Choice because you are locked in to your ways?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 04:44:16 AM by groinkick »
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Question and theories about Gatekeeper/wizards
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
Man... I'll get back to you on this one.... You've combined a few idea's I've had into a mashup here.
though for starters
1 wizards might be capable of a 'choice' they are unaware of towards immortality
2 Something, something magic, Nic doesn't use it either even though he can, Something, something...(hence the need to come back to it lol)
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.