Author Topic: Justine’s heritage  (Read 10733 times)

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Justine’s heritage
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 11:41:24 PM »
That is a possibility.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »
Just want to stop by and fan the flames a bit. We know that when Thomas was mortally injured he fed on Justine to heal himself. Lara states that based on his injuries it should have been a fatal feeding. The accepted explanation is that Thomas held himself back (at risk to himself) out of his love for Justine. What if she has some other attribute due to her parentage that protected her?

Maybe the inverse of a relatively emotionless Kincaid, a nephilim? But it dates to so far back in her ancestry that it only presents itself as relative insanity and heightened emotions?

Or, like Raisins said, she's mentally ill. Maybe the function by which the White Court affects humans (making them feel heightened desire or terror) holds a clue to whether it's mental or physical for her. Do they mess with chemical balances and hormone production to achieve the effect, or is it purely mental? I'm assuming Thomas's (and other White Court Vampires) calming effect is a byproduct of rebalancing whatever is off-kilter.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »
I see the feeding as a means for them to drain off her extra emotions.  When she was almost fatally fed upon, she was SO drained she could barely communicate.  As her illness came back, she recovered some, eventually needing meds to stay level, as Lara's asst.

Once she broke the true love protection, she's probably off her meds again, and using Thomas to smooth her out again.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »
I see the feeding as a means for them to drain off her extra emotions.  When she was almost fatally fed upon, she was SO drained she could barely communicate.  As her illness came back, she recovered some, eventually needing meds to stay level, as Lara's asst.

Once she broke the true love protection, she's probably off her meds again, and using Thomas to smooth her out again.

My understanding wasn't that it was explicitly Thomas's feeding that did it, but his presence, to which I attributed his natural luring...aura? Talents? Ability? Mechanism? Mechanism. If it was the feeding, then it could just be stifling symptoms rather than correcting an issue.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 06:14:03 AM »
I have no idea about Justine's heritage, and I suspect it doesn't matter- that biologically speaking, she's quite ordinary

Rather, she's just extra-tasty to Wampires because she's the reincarnation of a Paranormal Romance protagonist that migrated from a parallel universe.

From Buffy the vampire slayer?  Making a guess.  What were you thinking of?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 07:39:25 PM »
Sookie Stackhouse?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »
Sookie Stackhouse?

You had to go there, didn't you?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »
Sorry, it is the trivia nerd in me. I MUST guess the right answer.
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »
I would put Justine under the category mostly mortal but not fully mortal.
yea I think she's a changling personally. Something about what Kravos said when he possessed both of them. Which is really a huge F'ing clue Justine was Nfected early on. She already had holes in her willpower akin to Lydia's drug usage without anything that would naturally compromise her... except emotions and other inflections of aspects of the self upon the conscious mind. Her Id or other aspects manifest was stronger than her free will..
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »
Why name the character Justine which is very close to Justin?
Make Mine Butcher!

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »
yea I think she's a changling personally. Something about what Kravos said when he possessed both of them. Which is really a huge F'ing clue Justine was Nfected early on. She already had holes in her willpower akin to Lydia's drug usage without anything that would naturally compromise her... except emotions and other inflections of aspects of the self upon the conscious mind. Her Id or other aspects manifest was stronger than her free will..

That also could just be another mentally ill person.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 06:41:19 PM »
Why name the character Justine which is very close to Justin?

Never even thought of that!
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 06:57:19 PM »

Never even thought of that!

Reminds me of a meme.  Could be offensive to some, so I'm putting it in a spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

Please remember this is all in fun.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »
Reminds me of a meme.  Could be offensive to some, so I'm putting it in a spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

Please remember this is all in fun.

lol I'm not offended however I don't know how others will handle it.

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 12:05:53 AM »
Uh-Oh, Rasisns is getting ris-kay! LOL
Make Mine Butcher!