Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 1566 times)

Offline daddystabz

• Participant
    • View Profile
Some questions
« on: November 05, 2017, 11:19:15 PM »
I own the first edition of The Dresden Files RPG and played it a decent amount.  I really enjoyed the game.  I haven't played in quite some time but yesterday I picked up Dresden Files Accelerated at my local gaming store.  It looks really amazing but I was disappointed that some of the Mantles I'm interested in playing are not available.  I want to run a campaign NOT in the actual Dresden-verse but very, very similar.  I really want to play as a Black Court vampire so I can be a more traditional Stoker-esque vampire but there is no Mantle for this in the book.  Is this because they are more powerful than normal Mantles or something?

How can I alleviate this? Are there rules for building your own Mantles?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:48:31 PM by daddystabz »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 06:05:30 AM »
Not sure why the Black Court was left out. Could just be space concerns; DFA doesn't have the same free will requirement that DFRPG has, but wordcount isn't infinite.

I don't know of any specific rules for making Mantles; I think you just eyeball it.

The best person to ask, around here, is probably jeditigger. Pretty sure she was the lead author of the game. If you can't get ahold of her, try HumAnnoyd; he has a sizable collection of homebrew mantles.