Author Topic: Voodoo in Dresden rpg  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Ownagepants

• Participant
    • View Profile
Voodoo in Dresden rpg
« on: July 28, 2016, 07:35:43 AM »
I'm gming a Game that takes place in Louisiana and my players said they'd like to see voodoo involved in the campaign but I can't find specific rules for it so i was wondering how I should go about making a voodoo wizard .

Offline Mongward

• Conversationalist
  • Dwarf of the Or-Tench Citadel
    • View Profile
    • Polish FB fanpage of Dresden Files
Re: Voodoo in Dresden rpg
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:50:13 AM »
Don't know about the whole deal, but voodoo dolls are covered 1:1 by thaumaturgy, as above so below etc.
Self-appointed Warden of my hometown. Poland is vastly understaffed, is what I'm saying.

The dice are on fire, and it's totally my fault.

Offline Parra

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »
Funny....we are starting a game in New Orleans and my character wants to have voodoo as well.
As of now we are going to do it with sponsored magic, patterned a bit after seelie magic.
Elements are Death and Rebirth (which includes Ghosts and Zombies), Healing and Curses.
As we understand it, there are alot of different voodoos and we are abstracting it very much. For us there will be 3 loa families (Rada, Petro and ghede) with different goals. Each one gives a different biothaum.
Biothaum: Rada: Biomancy (I am playing that). The others would be Petro: Entromancy and Ghede: Ectomancy
Agenda would be the general themes of the loa families. Rada: Healing and Doing good, Petro: Protection of the black people, Ghede: Protection of graveyards
The extra benefit would be the ghost speaker ability.
As a focus I am certainly going to have a doll.

Since this our first time playing fate (and Harry Dresden) I dont know how this will work out. We will see.
Any input is welcome btw.

PS: Dont mind my language or grammar. I am a native german.

Offline Ownagepants

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 03:10:35 AM »
That's interesting I might end up doing something similar