Author Topic: Collected Rules, Errata, FAQ?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Nerhesi

• Participant
    • View Profile
Collected Rules, Errata, FAQ?
« on: July 26, 2016, 09:34:59 PM »
I was doing some searching as a new player/GM here and I'm finding really cool previous discussions.  Was there any effort to collect the rulings/patches on things such as Stacking Armour from Thaumaturgy, Defense + Evocation Blocks, etc etc?  I didn't find any sticky topic with links to published rulings and clarifications :)

Thanks!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Collected Rules, Errata, FAQ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 12:14:21 AM »
As far as I know, there is no errata to collect.

I don't think Evil Hat provides rulings either, but I can tell you this: armour doesn't stack and when you have both a defense roll and a block you use the better one.

Offline Nerhesi

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:50:02 AM »
So there is at least one ruling on items. "Always on" items have been changed to not-exist anymore. There are "multiple use per session items" - but the half-shift value round down always on items are gone.

Or is that ruling from players rather than the rpg designers?

The same posters (which I'm pretty sure are invovled to some degree with dresden rpg design) were discussing armour, and armour stacking in some cases (not simple addition, but like a skill complement in rare cases only)

Again - perhaps I mistook those posts as from fans rather than the design team? (but I highly doubt it given the tone)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:56:26 AM »
So there is at least one ruling on items. "Always on" items have been changed to not-exist anymore. There are "multiple use per session items" - but the half-shift value round down always on items are gone.

Or is that ruling from players rather than the rpg designers?

The same posters (which I'm pretty sure are invovled to some degree with dresden rpg design) were discussing armour, and armour stacking in some cases (not simple addition, but like a skill complement in rare cases only)

Again - perhaps I mistook those posts as from fans rather than the design team? (but I highly doubt it given the tone)

there was a Beta Your Story book that had those enchanted item rules (always on items).  When the finished book came out, those rules changed.  Since the final version of Your Story has been released, there hasn't been any erratas.  Although, there is a thread of House Rules somewhere around here.  I'll have a look to see if I can find it.

Toughness armour and mundane armour do not stack nor does magical armour.  You take the highest value. 

I'm not sure what you mean by complimenting skills but I could see one skill compliment athletics to give you a bonus on a dodge...

Offline Nerhesi

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:08:24 AM »
I was just returning to respond to this once I noticed the post dates!! Thanks!

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip