Author Topic: Upgrading Powers?  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Jim

• Participant
    • View Profile
Upgrading Powers?
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:06 PM »
I hope I'm not asking a question for which I've missed an obvious answer, but what happens in terms of Refresh when someone upgrades to a power that replaces an existing power?

For example, at character creation, say I picked "Inhuman Speed" which costs 2 Refresh. After playing my character for a while, and getting some advancements, I want to upgrade that to "Supernatural Speed" which costs 4 Refresh. Supernatural Speed replaces Inhuman Speed.

Do I still pay a full additional 4 points? Or do I just pay an extra two points to make up for the difference?  Are the 2 points I originally spent on "Inhuman" simply lost when I upgrade to "Supernatural"?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading Powers?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:52 PM »
You just pay 2.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:00:26 PM »
What he said. If you upgrade a power in the same category, you can just use the power you've got as a down payment for the next level. Or you could look at it as taking away the old power, freeing the 2 refresh and then buying the new power. If the GM is willing, you could even rearrange your whole list of powers. You don't have to have refresh tied up in powers you can't use, and it definitely doesn't get removed from your character.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Jim

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:14:14 PM »
Thanks!