Author Topic: Thaum. Ward question  (Read 1435 times)

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Thaum. Ward question
« on: May 25, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
In the rules, when a ward reacts/attacks, it attacks with the caster's Discipline.  If the caster has a Great (+4) Discipline and wants it to attack at a +8 rating, does the caster expend +4 shifts (four above his Discipline) or +8 shifts (the total attack devoted to it)? 
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Thaum. Ward question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 05:53:42 PM »
In the rules, when a ward reacts/attacks, it attacks with the caster's Discipline.

I don't think this is the case. Either the ward reflects attacks which hit it or it releases a landmine spell which was included when it was cast.

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 11:58:55 PM »
I was working off the landmine presented in the Neutral Grounds Case File, for clarification purposes.  In any event, if I hit a ward and it hits back, at what level on control does it hit back.  Assuming my seven shift whammy bounces back, does it hit automatically (YS says I have to defend against it, I think)?  Does it come back at my skill level?  The Ward's caster?  I don't think it needs to be a landmine to push back.
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »
I think you use the same roll and the attacker defends against it.

So if you throw an evocation(weapon 5) attack with +7 total control/accuracy against an 8 shift Ward you have to dodge an accuracy 7(weapon 5) attack.

This is how I've always interpreted it and I like it like that because you only roll once for the attack.