Author Topic: Feeding Dependency  (Read 3994 times)

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding Dependency
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 01:56:39 AM »
Well... saying he has "... ectomancy... better than Harry's" isn't saying much, at all!  There's a reason that Harry goes to Mort sometimes... Harry's pretty BAD at it (relatively speaking, of course), so when he needs Ectomancy he goes to an expert for help.  So how "expert" is Morty, really?

Thing is, it looks like Mort is not merely "better than Harry."  Mort is a serious badass, Ectomantically speaking.  We know, because Harry isn't our only point of reference and relative power:  we also have Corpsetaker, who's scary-good at Ectomantic stuff (probably (at least) Senior-Council good; all the Kemmlerites were BETTER at *necro/ecto/etc* than WCouncil), and Mort seems to be largely in Corpsetaker's weight-class.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all. At least if you're talking about live Corpsetaker (I think the Grey Ghost was significantly diminished). Corpsetaker in DB raised a pretty significant force of major spirits, empowering them so that they could affect the mortal world - I think that's well beyond anything Mort can do. Plus Corpsetaker can mess with live people's souls.

And Mort one-shot's her.  Granted, he caught her by surprise, but he took her out in her own specialty with one hit.  Granted, it's his specialty too.

Sure... but in that specialty, I think being a ghost is a huge disadvantage.

---

He's definitely stronger than the OW writeup by GS, yes. In that period, I think I'd just take Deadmanwalking's writeup and add the custom power "Mastery of Ectomancy [-1]" (which lets him use ectomancy as evothaum), or swap out Seance Spiritualist for it if I wanted to keep him Submerged-level -- he hasn't done the fraud stuff in a long time AFAICT.

As for Mort in DB, I think the OW writeup is pretty close (though I agree with Deadmanwalking that his Supernatural Senses should be Ghost Speaker instead).