Author Topic: Iron druid  (Read 3660 times)

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
Re: Iron druid
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
If the Tattoo were just the name of a power, absolutely I agree with you on everything. But an IOP with a refresh rebate, I would say no.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
I'm really liking the "damage to tattoos as consequence" thing, thus making every time the power would be useful but isn't available a compel.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 12:18:53 AM »
Like I said I would normally agree with you.  However, in the books people have specifically targeted his right side to try to stop him from using his tattoos. Which suggest that maybe they are almost an object because they CAN be targeted. That could be worth a discount depending on how you handle it.
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »
You might be able to manage tattoos as a Limitation, but they aren't items any more than claws are. So Item of Power isn't really gonna work.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »
Well like I said they are a bit of a special case. If IoP is as unacceptable as you say then what would you suggest? Because they seem to go beyond simple Aspects from my reading of them.
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 07:27:27 AM »
I can't be sure since I haven't read the books.

But maybe when an opponent who knows about the tattoos inflicts a consequence on you, they can damage the tattoo. Which would make you lose the Powers until the consequence heals and another druid touches up your tattoos.

You could do that with the Limitation custom Power easily enough.