The Dresden Files > CD Book Club

Cold Days Book Club - Chapters 31-45 **MAJOR SPOILERS**

<< < (5/5)

Mr. Death:

--- Quote from: lilylis on August 14, 2013, 07:46:54 PM ---sorry, but that makes no sense... I agree it might go where ever it's led in the NN.... but DB is all about how the Hunt works in the Dresden verse. There hasn't been a hunt every Halloween on Earth. Why would only Chicago require summoning.

--- End quote ---
And Cold Days is all about how Halloween is the big day where creatures of the Nevernever come out and play.

It doesn't need to be summoned to come to Chicago, I meant the Necromancers were summoning it to make sure it was in Chicago. Even if the Wyld Hunt comes to Earth every year, it doesn't do the Necromancers any good if it's in Scotland.

lilylis:

--- Quote from: Mr. Death on August 14, 2013, 08:19:38 PM ---And Cold Days is all about how Halloween is the big day where creatures of the Nevernever come out and play.

--- End quote ---

good point in that Halloween is a time when NN creatures come out to play and potentially to strengthen themselves.  But many NN creatures cross over anytime they want...doesn't have to be Halloween. And I got the impression the Hunt runs around in the NN whenever...not just Halloween. 

If the Hunt doesn't need to be summoned to earth why does the Erlking say to Harry at the end of DB

--- Quote ---  Called you forth a mighty hunter tonight. One that has NOT walked this earth since time gone and forgotten. ...... because you pleased me with the calling of the old hunter, this night you may go free.
--- End quote ---

Mr. Death:
Because he's talking about Sue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version