Author Topic: Pets  (Read 1123 times)

Offline theshrewedshrew

• Participant
    • View Profile
Pets
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas on Supernatural Pets?

I was thinking about trying to make a Gargoyle for a supernatural pet.
I originally was wondering about like a griffin or something that could be used as mounted trasportation, but then a few hours ago. I was looking at a gothic church online, and thought... DANG GARGOYLE!!!!

Just now... I don't really know how to Stat it, I am sitting at work and left my books at home. Woah est me! ;p

Anybody got any ideas?

Anything is appreciated, I think I want to create an involuntary change such as Night active only. Maybe even have a creepy power that forces it to stone in sunlight, where as inside in shadows its severely weakend but able to interact.

Well its a theory right now, when i get home I plan on looking into it a bit more.

Hope it sparks some intrest with someone else.

Figging Mint

Re: Pets
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »

How is a supernatural pet different from a /familiar/?

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »
There are 2-3 suggestions for making a supernatural pet.

1) It's an Aspect. Don't bother statting it. Invoke/Compel the Aspect to achieve narrative effects.
2) It's a Follower or Minion. Adapt the Spirit of the Century rules for Minions/Followers and build a relatively inferior NPC to tag along with you. Sanctaphrax had a good thread about expanding the SotC Minions rules to be used in Dresden.
3) It's an offshoot of your PC. This one is contested. Requires you to kludge the Beast Change rules to give yourself an aalternate form of "Supernatural Pet" - allows you to switch between the two characters depending on who is currently in the spotlight. Doesn't have to be the same origin/style as Hulk/Banner, but would fill roughly similar narrative function.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
The thread devonapple mentioned is here.

Unfortunately, the thread died when benign disappeared.