Author Topic: Would like some help making a gun mage  (Read 5456 times)

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Re: Would like some help making a gun mage
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 07:07:15 PM »
Not as much as you'd think.  I mean anyone can counter it with a hastily drawn and invoked circle in one exchange.  Even Plain Mortals if they've been taught how.  That's why I don't have as much problem as some with DoT spells.

Orbius cast at anyone with knowledge of circles is going to cost like an eight shift spell, be resisted like a three shift spell, and can be neutralized with no stress being taken the very next exchange.  It's only really good for mooks and beings that can't make a circle for whatever reason.

The above depends rather heavily on how you choose to represent circles mechanically.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline The Mighty Buzzard

• Posty McPostington
  • Unemployed in Greenland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »
True, it is a pretty vague area.
Violence is like duct tape.  If it doesn't solve the problem, you didn't use enough.

My web based NPC formatter, output suitable for copy/paste to boards and wiki, can be found here.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 05:35:05 AM »
I'm not even sure if that works thematically. Once the Orbius-thing is on your face, I'm not sure that anything needs to cross from the caster to you.

Also, being able to spend your action to force someone else to spend their action means you more or less automatically win when you outnumber your opponents.

A valiant attempt to nerf Orbius, but probably not a successful one.

Offline The Mighty Buzzard

• Posty McPostington
  • Unemployed in Greenland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »
Pretty sure it does.  As described as a Spirit evocation, it sounds like it's either NN matter or a force effect that's essentially the same thing rather than something yoinked out of the environment.  Summoned NN matter goes poof when caught in a circle other than one it was summoned into.
Violence is like duct tape.  If it doesn't solve the problem, you didn't use enough.

My web based NPC formatter, output suitable for copy/paste to boards and wiki, can be found here.