Author Topic: Character Request Game  (Read 15534 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Character Request Game
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2011, 08:05:45 PM »
Glad you like it, Repthath.

I kinda wanted to make the pangolin your way with massive armour, but the rules don't support that option very well.

I recommend Sponsored Magic for the Planeteers.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2011, 03:45:07 AM »
My take on a gargoyle.

Usable for either stone during day version or human during day version.

Gargoyle fans may also want to check out devonapple's work here: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,22322.msg1018550.html#msg1018550

Gargoyle (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Church Gargoyle
Other Aspects: Day And Night, Sacred Guardian, Just A Statue...
Skills:   
Great: Alertness, Conviction, Fists
Good: Endurance, Athletics, Stealth
Fair: Might, Investigation, Discipline
Average: Intimidation, Lore, Presence
Stunts:
Just A Statue (Stealth): +2 to Stealth when impersonating a statue.
Sentry (Alertness): +2 to Alertness when standing guard.
Threshold Guardian (Conviction): Increase Conviction by 3 when using it with Bless This House.
Powers:
Bless This House [-1]
Echoes Of The Beast (Gargoyle) [-1] (May hide in plain sight by pretending to be a statue.)
Human Form [+2] (Powers only available at night) affecting:
Wings [-1]
Claws [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
The Catch (Unknown) [+0]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »
Alicia Chapman (Snorkeling)

High Concept: Vampire Lycanthrope
Trouble Aspect: KILL! RIP! TEAR!
Other Aspects: Tired Old Woman, Enemy Of The World, This Is My Land
Skills:   
Superb: Fists, Athletics
Great: Survival, Alertness, Discipline
Good: Endurance, Might, Conviction
Fair: Stealth, Intimidation, Lore
Average: Investigation, Presence, Deceit
Powers:
Feeding Dependency (Blood) [+1] affects powers marked with *.
Human Form (Powers only available while moon is full) [+2] affects powers marked with ~.
Echoes Of The Beast (Bat) [-1]
Echoes Of The Beast (Wolf) [-1]
Flesh Mask [-1]
Addictive Saliva [-1]
Cloak Of Shadows [-1]
*Inhuman Strength [-2]
*Inhuman Speed [-2]
*Inhuman Toughness [-2]
*Supernatural Recovery [-4]
*The Catch (Holy silver under sunlight) [+1]
Blood Drinker [-1]
Limitless Appetite [-2] (May use the extra recovery from Blood Drinker twice more each scene.)
*Demonic Co-Pilot [-1]
~*Supernatural Strength [-2]
~*Supernatural Speed [-2]
~*Mythic Recovery [-2]
~Natural Weaponry [-2] (Fists are weapon 4).
~True Aim [-1]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »
Forty years ago, Alicia Chapman was a member of a lycanthrope gang. Unfortunately for her, her gang ended up trying to fight the Red Court over a matter of territory. As one might expect, Alicia's gang was wiped out.

When it was over, Alicia was captured and taken to the leader of the vampires. Said leader was a curious sort who wanted to know what a Turned lycanthrope would be like. He got his answer when Alicia tore him in half.

At that point, Alicia was all alone in the world. Her friends and family were all dead, and she was some sort of unnatural monster that the world had never seen before. She soon found that an awful lot of people wanted to kill her over that.

So she ran off and hid in the wilderness. Those who chased her, she killed. Eventually, she made a pretty comfortable home for herself and secured her territory well enough that she didn't have to worry about intruders.

And that's how she's lived for the past four decades. Sitting alone in the wild. Now she's old and tired and mostly just wants to be left alone while she dies, but her instincts won't let her.

PS: Quite happy with some parts of Alicia's mechanical side. She's a dangerous opponent who becomes much more so when the moon is full, and she has a pretty interesting trick with Blood Drinker + Recovery + Limitless Appetite.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2011, 02:50:21 AM »
Rupert Rimmer (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Host Of The Ultimate Life Form
Trouble Aspect: Former Wizard Of The White Council
Other Aspects: Unhealthily Determined, As Long As I Have My Mind...
Skills:   
Superb: Discipline
Great: Conviction, Lore
Good: Endurance, Athletics
Fair: Intimidation, Alertness, Fists
Average: Scholarship, Presence, Rapport, Resources, Might
Stunts:
Former White Council Wizard (Lore): Use Lore for contacts in the White Council.
Powers:
Marked By Power [-1]
Feeding Dependency [+1] affecting:
Parasitic Co-Pilot [-1] (Like Demonic Co-Pilot, but uses hunger track)
Sponsored Magic (Ultimate Life Form) [-4] (Biomancy and blood Channelling, uses hunger track)
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (iodine) [+1]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
Backstory:

Rupert Rimmer was a rising star in the White Council once. But then he was dragged into helping a Warden take down a powerful warlock biomancer. When the warlock realized he was doomed (about one second after the Warden's sword went through his stomach), he cast a death curse that removed the magical powers of both Rupert and the Warden.

Without his magic, Rupert wasn't anyone special anymore. He was just another guy. This was not something he could accept. And as long as he had his mind, he knew that he could find a way to become a great man again.

So he got to work. He searched the world for a way to retrieve his powers. What he found taught him that the only practical option was the assistance of a supernatural heavyweight. So he went looking for those. Eventually he found one in the notes of the warlock who took his powers. The warlock had been trying to create/summon some sort of virus/parasite/creature that he called "the Ultimate Life Form".

So Rupert took the warlock's notes, and with the help of his wizard friends created/summoned the Ultimate Life Form into his own body. This gave him some serious magical power, but the side effects have not been pleasant...and the higher-ups in the Council are not happy with the actions of him and his friends.

Ah, well. He still has his mind. He'll find a way to make this work. Having a thing that scares the Senior Council inside his body must have upsides.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2011, 04:57:48 AM »
Net was down for a few days.

These look pretty cool to me.

The werevampire is pretty nasty.  Thats the sort of thing I was looking for, I would like to think some mid powered groups would have a wee bit of trouble with that one.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 08:31:35 PM »
Thanks.

I haven't run the numbers, but I think that the werevampire could be a tough fight for a high-level group too if it had a chance to use its Blood Drinker-based recovery. (With a full moon, of course).

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
What skills had you envisioned the echoes fo the beast (bat) and echoes of the beast (wolf) boosting? And what special little powers?  Tracking by scent and echolocation?  just curious.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2011, 03:51:21 AM »
Oops, thought I had replied to this earlier.

I was thinking that smell and hearing would be boosted.

And definitely echolocation for Echoes Of The Bat. Hadn't really thought about the wolf, but tracking by scent sounds good to me.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2011, 11:16:45 PM »
Crazy ideas of Silverblaze:

1.Werecoyote Mechanic (based on a novel)
2. red court infected/white court virgin - trying to avoid falling either way.
3. somesort of abomination White Wolf style (Underworld for those who haven't played White Wolf WoD -basically a Vampire Werewolf.
4. Descendent of Judas trying to uncurse his line, sort of a denarian trying to attain redemption by fighting denarians and fleeing Knights of the Cross.
5. Wereskunk bodyguard (played this) was fun, still is.
6. I think master Chief from Halo fame or Dante from Devil May Cry may be intersting to see stated, but not to play.
7. mage who gets sponsored magic from magical parasites within own body...sponsor debt is handled like a hunger track for vampires.  Uses blood magic primarily, and blood flavored evocation (instead of water...blood...flame = boiling blood bolts and such.
8. Winter Werewolf...with cold based breath weapon
9. something like a gorgon (medusae)

Sentient golem, any type...flesh (frankenstein), stone, metal (any ) though iron or steel would be awesome...can you say catch for all fae?

Gargoyle, roosts on churches, might have holy powers...turns to stone during the day..still stone at night, but is now animate...could alternatlively be scaled and flesh/bone. Maybe human by say instead.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2011, 04:01:55 AM »
Alright, now for golems. Before I stat up a sentient flesh golem, I'm going to make a normal flesh golem and a normal iron golem. Complexities for their creation through rituals will be included.

Flesh golem first.

I was having a lot of trouble thinking of a way to make a flesh golem interesting until I thought of Mimic Abilities. Each flesh golem has a few traits from those who had their bodies used to make it. And if more body parts are added to it post-creation, it might just pick up a few traits from those, too.

Flesh Golem (On The Beach)

High Concept: Flesh Golem
Other Aspects: Mindless Servant of X, Made Out Of The Corpses Of Y and Z
Skills: 
Good: Fists, Endurance
Fair: Intimidation, Weapons, Might
Average: Alertness, Athletics, Investigation
Powers:
Living Dead [-1]
Mindless [-1] (See custom powers thread)
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (unknown) [+0]
Mimic Abilities + Superior Programming [-4]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Flesh golems are a type of construct made from several corpses stitched together. Unlike most golems, they can be created using necromancy.

The qualities of a flesh golem vary greatly depending on the corpses used to make it. Average flesh golems are simple servitors, good only for unskilled labour and low-level combat. But when an exceptional corpse is used to make a flesh golem, the resulting golem can possess a great variety of extraordinary abilities.

The creation of a flesh golem generally occurs after a wizard kills a powerful enemy or loses a powerful ally. Knowing that to waste such a potent corpse would be horribly wasteful, the wizard contacts one of the few Council members who specializes in the grey magic of necromancy. The necromancer then buys the corpse and adds it to his collection of preserved bodies, until eventually someone else contacts him looking for a servant with a characteristic that the corpse had in life. Then the necromancer dredges up the body and makes a golem.

The creation of the above golem requires a ritual of complexity 19 before modifications. If the golem was made out of totally unexceptional corpses, it would lack Mimic Abilities + Superior Programming and so it would require only complexity 15.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:05:38 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
Iron Golem (Chest Deep)

High Concept: The Magical Equivalent Of A Tank
Other Aspects: Model #X, Made Of Iron, Mindless Servant Of Y
Skills: 
Superb: Might, Endurance
Great: Fists, Weapons
Good: Alertness, Intimidation
Fair: Presence, Athletics
Average: Investigation, Lore
Stunts:
Was That Supposed To Hurt? (Endurance): Use Endurance to defend against attacks that could realistically be shrugged off.
Protect The Master (Endurance): +2 to Endurance defense when the golem's owner is inside it.
Puny Attacks...(Endurance): +1 physical armour when the golem's owner is inside it.
Powers:
Living Dead [-1]
Mindless [-1] (See custom powers thread)
Hulking Size [-2]
Claws [-1]
Hollow (Full Freedom) [-3] (See custom powers thread)
Supernatural Strength [-4]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
The Catch (rust monsters) [+2]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:28:34 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2011, 02:59:07 AM »
Iron golems are probably the most common type of golem. They're strong, durable, and effective against the fey. But that isn't the main reason for their popularity.

More important than any of the above is the fact that a wizard can hide inside an iron golem when things get ugly. Wizards tend to be fragile and a bit cowardly, so ten thousand pounds of animated metal makes a good place for them to be in a fight. Generally, a group of wizards sits inside the belly of the golem and hurls out evocations while the golem simply walks over all opposition. This strategy makes a good iron golem into the magical equivalent of a tank.

The popularity of the iron golem has led to great variety in their construction. Some of them are humanoid, while others walk on a dozen legs. Some are the size of a man, while others resemble moving buildings. Some are immune to magic, and a few even fly.

The stats given represent the standard model, which can carry up to 10 wizards into battle. It's slow and not all that good at fighting, but it's very strong and ludicrously tough. The complexity required to create it through a ritual is 37 before modifications.

PS: Would be interested in hearing what people think of these golem fluff bits. I'm planning a series of Generic NPCs that might be created by wizards, and I'm debating whether or not to include this sort of flavour text. Thoughts?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2011, 03:21:35 AM »
Sandra Warner (Submerged)

High Concept: Sapient Flesh Golem
Trouble Aspect: Crazy Wizard's "Daughter"
Other Aspects: Imperfect Copy, Memory Soup, Supersoldier Body, Creepy Cute, The Best Years Of My Death
Skills: 
Superb: Endurance, Fists (Mimicked), Athletics (Mimicked)
Great: Rapport, Empathy, Deceit
Good: Conviction, Presence, Discipline
Fair: Lore, Resources, Intimidation
Average: Alertness, Contacts, Scholarship
Stunts:
Mimicked Sex Appeal (Rapport): +2 to seduction.
Mimicked Armed Arts (Fists): Wield katana and wakizashi with Fists.
Powers:
Living Dead [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (unknown) [+0]
Mimic Abilities [-4]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total: