Author Topic: Crafting and the Focused Practitioner  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting and the Focused Practitioner
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »
Creating a double of yourself would probably best be done like a veil, because the goal is the same: you want someone to not focus on you. It is a different narrative, but mechanically, it should be pretty similar.

I would let channelers create enchanted items, but only charged with evocation effects, that they are able to create with their channeling specialization. That way, it would basically just become an item that can take casting stress for them for a number of casts. They exchange more power (focus items) for more casts, I think that is ok.

On too powerful crafters, remember, that they are still wizardly types, and they have aspects to reflect, what they are good at, and what not. Pretty much like Harry and Molly with spirit magic (raw force vs. veils).
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »
@lokpik89:

Summoning rules (albeit not official ones) are here: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,24744.45.html

Work out the complexity to summon a wolf, get an item with power equal to that complexity, and you're done.

Offline lokpik89

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
thanks  :)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
I think you can conjure a body - but you might need to summon something to animate it...  No, wait, Dresden thought that the toads in Summer Knight had been conjured, so you can conjure living things.

As for dealing with a conjurer, I'd say to never buy something from him.  Maybe what you buy is real or maybe it's not...

Now I'm thinking about a conjurer who's been banned from most of the city's pawn shops for pawning conjured things.  Maybe wanted by the police for using conjured money.  Lives in luxury - surrounded by conjured items....

Richard