Author Topic: Off-Hand Training + Inhuman Strength  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Hal

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Gateway to Darkness (My DF campaign)
Off-Hand Training + Inhuman Strength
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:14:25 AM »
A player asked me about this and I wasn't sure how to answer.  He wants to know whether the stunt (Off-Hand Weapon Training) stacks with the power (Inhuman Strength) when determining attack stress. 

Let's say you're dual-wielding swords (Weapon:2).  With Inhuman Strength, your attack becomes +4 Stress on a hit with a single sword.  With the stunt, you add half of the off-hand weapon's rating to the attack.  Does the off-hand weapon also get the Inhuman Strength bonus?  Does that attack get a +5 Stress bonus or a +7 Stress bonus?
My campaign, set in St. Louis:  <a href="http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/gateway-to-darkness">Gateway to Darkness</a>

Offline EdgeOfDreams

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Hand Training + Inhuman Strength
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:37:01 AM »
It would be +5.  Off-Hand Weapon Training doesn't act like making two attacks; it just makes your one attack better by a specific amount.  Doubling the bonus from Inhuman Strength would be overpowered and wrong.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:37:36 AM »
I figure this is actually answered in the stunt.

Quote from: Your Story:156
with this stunt, you may add half of the second weapon’s
bonus as well

It says second weapon's bonus, not total damage bonus (or similar). So he add's only what the weapon gives him. No strength bonus.

Offline EldritchFire

• Conversationalist
  • Everyone needs magical fire in their lives!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog: EldritchFire Press
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
I figure this is actually answered in the stunt.

It says second weapon's bonus, not total damage bonus (or similar). So he add's only what the weapon gives him. No strength bonus.

This. The weapon rating is 2, no matter how strong you are.

-EF
This isn't D&D where you can have a team of psychopathic good guys running around punching everyone you disagree with.
Twitter
My Blog