Author Topic: Dissolution  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Discipol

• Conversationalist
  • I use this for magical purposes. Honestly!
    • View Profile
Re: Dissolution
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 07:00:17 AM »
It's a magical representation of the "Breaking things" trapping of Might.

Easily done with Evocation. Simply summon X shifts of power and pit them against the door's difficulty (see YS:321 for durability of things).

That would be a direct contest. the simplest and easiest way to do it.

If you want to get more complicated.

Example: Exterior Door, Difficulty is (Good +3)

Defense is (Good +3) i always assume neutral rolls for objects
Stress capacity is at OOOO (Difficulty good means 2 additional boxes)

Now simply start attacking the door with your magic until you take it out. Objects usually do not take consequences.

So, a Power:4 Evocation at 4 control or more will take out the door in one shot.

Power 2 with Control 2 is enough to make 4 points of stress, then a good kick for that extra point of stress to take it out. Conserve your power young Jedi.
Frank Power: Picture
High Concept: "Emissary of the Crystal Dragon, Crystalax", Trouble: "A debt I will never afford to pay."
Aspects: "Modern-day Gladiator.", "Authority p

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 01:32:28 PM »
Power 2 with Control 2 is enough to make 4 points of stress, then a good kick for that extra point of stress to take it out. Conserve your power young Jedi.

You'd need a Great Might result.  Otherwise, you'd just be filling in the previous stress boxes.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
You'd need a Great Might result.  Otherwise, you'd just be filling in the previous stress boxes.
Missing things like this is one of the big disadvantages of reading so many different versions of Fate: They all seem to want to do Stress differently.

Dresden does roll-up style. You fill in one box per hit, and repeats roll up to the next available box.

One of the suggestions to fix SotC (one adopted by some other games) was "Stress as hit points." In these games, if you take 3 Stress, you fill in the first three available boxes.

Kerberos Club uses... I guess you'd call it a sort of hit point roll-up combo. If there's no Stress in a track, the first hit fills in the first X boxes, where X is the inflicted Stress. If the second hit does less damage, it just rolls up one more box. If a hit does Y Stress, where Y is greater than the amount of stress already inflicted, you fill up to box Y.

Awesome Adventures doesn't do Stress tracks. You just take Consequences based on the amount of Stress that gets through.

And there are more.

It gets confusing.