Author Topic: First time RPer wants advise  (Read 2929 times)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: First time RPer wants advise
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »

Anyway, we'd really love someone to show us the ropes, but as I said I don't know any PRers and the nearest game store is about and hour's drive away, so it's not the most convenient (or cheapest considering gas prices) place to be hanging out every other night of the week. If any of you live in Austin TX give me shout.  

I run a game in Austin, TX.  Coincidentally, I am open to taking on a few more players.

We have a decent pool of players right now, but I would like to get a few more players to draw form.  At the very least you could sit in on a session and watch how it's done.

Oh, I also forgot about this. I think one of our more active members Bumbling Bear is in Austin. He posted this not too long ago.
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,25976.0.html

You could PM him and see if he's still looking for players or even if he might be willing to let you sit in on a game and see what he does.

Indeed, and thank you from waking me from my stupor to actually read previous posts.  I had missed that the OP lived in Austin. :P
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline noclue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: First time RPer wants advise
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
Well we got that a little backwards. The players are doing cannons and I'm doing a town full of original NPCs. Our closest experience to this is writing fan fiction, where the main characters are usually cannon, so we assumed the main character should be Harry.      
It's not really a problem, unless the players start feeling too restricted by the cannon that's already been established in the books. if it ain't broke no need to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:47:49 PM by noclue »