Author Topic: Glamour Stunts  (Read 1101 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Glamour Stunts
« on: May 09, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
If a changeling character wanted to boost glamours without being a true fae would these supernatural stunts be balanced (given I don't care about the supernatural stunt debate)?

Veil Master - You have trained with glamours to the point that your abilities with veil almost rivals that of a true fae
Roll Deceit at +2 in conjuction with the veil part of the glamours power
Seemings Expert: You have trained with glamours to the point that your abilities with seemings almost rivals that of a true fae
Roll Deceit at +2 in conjuction with the seemings part of the glamours power

Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: Glamour Stunts
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
If a changeling character wanted to boost glamours without being a true fae would these supernatural stunts be balanced (given I don't care about the supernatural stunt debate)?

Veil Master - You have trained with glamours to the point that your abilities with veil almost rivals that of a true fae
Roll Deceit at +2 in conjuction with the veil part of the glamours power
Seemings Expert: You have trained with glamours to the point that your abilities with seemings almost rivals that of a true fae
Roll Deceit at +2 in conjuction with the seemings part of the glamours power

You could just let the PC have true glamours too.

Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
I think True Seemings are broken and powerful (as there are no given limits on what you can make a copy off) which is the main point of balance in my mind for the stunts, yes they are strong stunt but they are still weak compared to the same refresh spent on greater glamours.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:34:52 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »
There's a part of Changes where you see the true power of Glamours.  Maybe it was Unseelie magic, but I think the changes that ended at noon were just Greater Glamour.

And that's a scary level of power.

Richard
(who would go into detail, but this isn't the spoiler board so wrote things that wouldn't spoil anything.)