Poll

if you were a supernatural heavyweight what would you be(this being that they all have free will)

ultimate summer faerie
6 (6.7%)
ultimate winter faerie
3 (3.4%)
ultimate white council wizard
16 (18%)
powerful wizard other than white council
10 (11.2%)
god of an element or thing
9 (10.1%)
ultimate type of werewolf
3 (3.4%)
ultimate shapeshifter other than werewolf
12 (13.5%)
ultimate entity of the Nevernever
4 (4.5%)
ruler of the outer gate
5 (5.6%)
ultimate angel
6 (6.7%)
ultimate demon
1 (1.1%)
other
14 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: what would you rather be  (Read 6093 times)

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: what would you rather be
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 03:07:25 AM »
ok sorry i didnt post this at the beginning of the poll to make this clear but this is saying that no matter what one you pick it has free will of about 3 to 4 refresh.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 03:23:05 AM »
I'd probably want to be an ultimate Wyldfae or other mythical creature with the ability to assume a human guise. 

Something like Dream the Endless from Gaiman's Sandman would probably be my favorite call (or his Librarian).

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
If freewill is a given (which doesn't mesh with the default canon) then I'd change my choice to that of a minor godling.  Not winter or summer court - whichever I'd pick would have an opposite, balancing figure on the otherside.

Richard

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 05:16:44 AM »
true it isn't usually the case to have 100 or so refresh and still have free will but not impossible you would just have to live for about o a couple thousand+ years while adventuring the whole time of course
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 06:18:16 AM »
true it isn't usually the case to have 100 or so refresh and still have free will but not impossible you would just have to live for about o a couple thousand+ years while adventuring the whole time of course

You mean like Gard, who has 12 refresh?
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 10:27:49 AM »
Summer Sidhe: Like being a wizard, but sexier. Given the "ultimate", we can safely assume that either Summer's goals are my goals or I am sufficiently powerful that I don't really worry about incurring Sponsor Debt any more. Summer is the court of love, light, life, and warmth. These are good things. I would be happy with these kinds of things defining the thematics of my endless existence.

Ultimate Werewolf: Fully sentient, at-will, in-control Loup Garou! Mythic everything, and there's a lot of cute Team Jacob types out there.

And of course...

Ruler of the Outer Gates: I have a very soft spot for pet shoggoths. It's hard to beat this one; you and the entities you command likely have access to all manner of strange and terrible reality-bending powers, and magic immunity seems like a big hit with the Outsider crowd. Also, tentacles. Being able to reshape yourself and reality as you please has a lot going for it. There are not nearly so many cute Team Cthulhu types out there, but they're keepers.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
you maybe right about their not being as many cute jacob's out there but with the ruler of the outer gate who said you have like your own kind. you could just reality wrap yourself into  uh??? sexiest human of your gender then whith that you can get anyone you what. 

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »
you maybe right about their not being as many cute jacob's out there but with the ruler of the outer gate who said you have like your own kind. you could just reality wrap yourself into  uh??? sexiest human of your gender then whith that you can get anyone you what. 

I guess, but what kind of basis is that for a healthy relationship? "Honey, I actually look like a mind-devouring horror from beyond the edges of reality itself, but I'm taking this form to please you. Is that deceitful?" It's important to be with someone who loves you for who you are, not who you can become.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
Summer Sidhe: Like being a wizard, but sexier. Given the "ultimate", we can safely assume that either Summer's goals are my goals or I am sufficiently powerful that I don't really worry about incurring Sponsor Debt any more. Summer is the court of love, light, life, and warmth. These are good things. I would be happy with these kinds of things defining the thematics of my endless existence.

Summer also happens to be the Court of desert wastelands baked by the sun's rays, of plagues rampaging unchecked through the local populace, and other less 'friendly' incarnations of 'light, life, and warmth'.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 03:12:49 AM »

I guess, but what kind of basis is that for a healthy relationship? "Honey, I actually look like a mind-devouring horror from beyond the edges of reality itself, but I'm taking this form to please you. Is that deceitful?" It's important to be with someone who loves you for who you are, not who you can become.
yes it is better to have someone who loves you for who you are but their are people out there who like that kind of stuff