Author Topic: Question about timing rules?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Question about timing rules?
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
Hello all,

I haven't been able to use an Enchanted Item during real play yet, and I was wondering if an item that just provides you with a taggable aspect, by storing up a maneuver if it would count as your main action, a supplemental action, or a free action?

I am quite sure that if it was an attack, or affected another player it would count as the main action, but these are pretty simple type effects so I wasn't sure?

Primarily I am asking because I was thinking of having potion like gems that I can use to provide an  aspect I can tag to improve a skill roll, if it takes your action I wasn't sure if these would be as useful since they will only affect 1 roll?

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Question about timing rules?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
Doing maneuvers is a 'main' action.  Making assessments is either a supplemental or free action, but requires negotiation with the GM.  Making declarations may also be a free action.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Question about timing rules?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 02:54:46 AM »
You could probably call downing a potion or activating some enchanted items a supplemental action, but it would probably depend on the circumstances. One of the things the book says is this:

When you’re not sure which is the primary action and which is the supplemental one, remember that the supplemental action is the one that normally requires no die roll.

So I'd think that if it doesn't require a roll (which uncontested aspect applying enchanted items don't) then you could call it supplemental.