Author Topic: Summoning a zombie Velociraptor  (Read 1226 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Summoning a zombie Velociraptor
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
I was wondering what powers people would think a Jurassic Velociraptor zombie would have and what level of complexity would be required to summon one assuming you had access to a full skeleton? In terms of powers I was thinking along the line of mythic speed, pack insticts, inhuman strength, inhuman toughness, and claws (jaws) in terms of complexity though I am at a complete loss though I think the summoning might be 10 complexity and the binding (for a week) 20.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:10:40 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: Summoning a zombie Velociraptor
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 04:10:58 PM »
I'd treat the full skeleton as an Aspect to get a +2 to a roll, but the way I do zombie creation is I take their refresh and then use that as the base. That allows crazy Kemmlerians to raise a single powerful human zombie every exchange, which I think they would want to take advantage of. 
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline Kerberos

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »
I was wondering what powers people would think a Jurassic Velociraptor zombie would have and what level of complexity would be required to summon one assuming you had access to a full skeleton? In terms of powers I was thinking along the line of mythic speed, pack insticts, inhuman strength, inhuman toughness, and claws (jaws) in terms of complexity though I am at a complete loss though I think the summoning might be 10 complexity and the binding (for a week) 20.

I'd go with supernatural or inhuman speed rather than mythic. Supernatural speed is going by the fluff "faster than the eye can see—or at least so fast that what’s seen is only a blur". A velocirator might be fast enough to met that description, but it's certainly not faster than that, otherwise it seems reasonable.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:01 PM »
From the Generic NPC thread:

Zombie Velociraptor (Feet In The Water)

High Concept: Zombie Velociraptor
Other Aspects: Unliving Fossil, My Drum Beats Like A Heart, Pack Hunter
Skills:  
Great: Fists, Athletics
Good: Endurance, Survival
Fair: Might, Stealth
Average: Intimidation, Alertness
Powers:
Pack Instincts [-1]
Living Dead [-1]
Claws [-1]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Supernatural Speed [-4]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (unknown) [+0]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

As for summoning, I'd use a complexity from this thread: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23624.30.html

My method gives a complexity of 24 plus duration plus behaviour. Which seems about right to me.

I don't think that you should be able to raise zombies casually unless you are very very powerful.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 05:39:31 PM »
Just a note:
You could probably summon a hunting spirit or prehistoric one and conjure it an ectoplasmic body - summoning a Velociraptor like being the way you would summon a demon.

Richard