Author Topic: Resources (again)  (Read 1260 times)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Resources (again)
« on: April 07, 2011, 03:20:00 AM »
So...
Is 0 an Average Resource
Like I live in the trailer park, or I'm making School teacher money?

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: Resources (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:48 AM »
Resources is your expendable wealth, not your total wealth. You could be a multi-billionaire, but if you can't just pull a c-note out to go get something, you'd have Resources 0.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline crusher_bob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 05:16:44 AM »
Your resources is how well you can solve your problems with money.  As an example, certain implementations of Batman never really use Wayne's billions of dollars to actually solve any of Batman's problems, so you could have a Batman stat sheet with a very low resources on it.

Or, for an example from the books, Michael has a lot more money that Harry does, since he has a house and can feed his family something other than dog food, and so on.  But Michael never seems to solve his problems with money, so Michael doesn't have any more points in resources than Harry does.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:51:48 PM by crusher_bob »

Offline EdgeOfDreams

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »
Zero Resources can be anything from a hobo on the streets to a middle-class guy in the suburbs who can't afford to spend his money because he's in horrific debt on his house, two cars, etc.

What's important about Resources is not "how much money do I have?" It's "How much money do I have readily available?" and "How often does this character use money to solve problems?"