Author Topic: Armored giant?  (Read 8284 times)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Armored giant?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
I did a course on alloys and their implementation in industry a couple years back. I am also a weapons nut (as in hobby, not actual job). Researching military equipment seemed like a fun way to do a couple of assignments in that course.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 11:26:30 PM »
Why do you people know so much about tanks, anyway?

Offline Kommisar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »
Grew up in the US Army.  My father and 2 uncles were all career.  Grandfather was a WWII 105mm battery commander.  So, a youth spent in and around places like Fort Stuart GA (Back when it was home of the 24th Mech ID).  Some kids learn to change a car's oil from their dad... I learned a set of much less practical (in terms of civilian life at least) skills.   Not many sixth graders have a basic understanding of how to arm, target and fire a Stinger AA missile.  ;D  Combine that with a degree in engineering and away we go.

Oh, and if you REALLY want to get me in my element, then we'll discuss military equipment of the Second World War.   :D

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
My GM had a fight where the weight of the dragon falling from the sky with a pc on top caused the dragon to fall through the road into the the sewer beaneath. Would an armored giant weigh enough to fall through the road if a sewer was built bellow? 
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »
My GM had a fight where the weight of the dragon falling from the sky with a pc on top caused the dragon to fall through the road into the the sewer beaneath. Would an armored giant weigh enough to fall through the road if a sewer was built bellow? 
IS the giant flying?

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 08:07:39 PM »
IS the giant flying?

That is a good question, probably not.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Kommisar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »
Depends on the roadway (type of road) and the size and type of the sewer system.  Not all roads are created equally with differing standards for subgrade, sub-base, and the physical pavement structure as well as different pavement mixes.  Likewise, most cities don't really have the type of sewer system that one can "fall into".  New York, Chicago, London, Paris... in areas.  Nashville, Atlanta and the like... nope.  You'll hit some large pipes if you hit the mains; but those are nothing anyone is going to be walking through.  Even the storm water systems.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 03:13:50 AM »
Actually, it would depend on whether or not the Giant has a Fate-Point to buy off the compel :-P