Author Topic: Could strength powers justify a longer throwing range?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Could strength powers justify a longer throwing range?
« on: April 02, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
I know that the limit for throwing an item is 1 zone unless you have an increased range stunt which makes the range 2 but I was thinking character with incredible strength (supernatural upwards) could almost certainly throw an object further than a normal person.  I was wondering do people think that having a strength power at supernatural or above levels is enough reason to justify increase in your throwing range by 1 zone. Or if people think that would be game breaking do you think perhaps you could sacrifice accuracy (-2)  to increase your throwing range.  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:49:12 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Could strength powers justify a longer throwing range?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:42:48 AM »
do you think perhaps you could sacrifice accuracy (-2)  to increase your throwing range.   

I was just going to say it might be difficult to throw it farther accurately but then again I don't see this kind of thing as being game breaking. I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't justify throwing things farther with greater strength. Maybe someone else can though.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
I was just going to say it might be difficult to throw it farther accurately but then again I don't see this kind of thing as being game breaking. I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't justify throwing things farther with greater strength. Maybe someone else can though.

Nah. I agree.

The way I would run it would be a -1 stunt to throw things, and then every -2 level of supernatural strength would increase the range 1 zone.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Kommisar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »
Works for me as well.  Just throw in an appropriate penalty to hit unless they also have the stunt.  If they have the stunt... well, they spent the refresh let them laith-down-the-Hurt.