Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina Idea  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Barrington

• Participant
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina Idea
« on: March 14, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
Here I am again, the newbie GM asking help from more experienced game masters. Remy, Abigail, don't read this as it may contain spoilers for our campaign.

So I have this idea for our campaign set in New Orleans. Hurricane Katrina was not a purely natural event. Someone used some serious magic to target it at New Orleans and cause the disaster that followed. The Summer Court of Faerie, who have a strong presence in New Orleans, wants to know who did it and how, and they draft my players to do it for them.

First off, does the idea even sound like something that has merit, or is it just too far-fetched as far as your interpretation of the Dresden world goes? Second, any thoughts on how I can make it awesome for my players?

--

YOU ARE SO SMALL! IS FUNNY TO ME!
YOU ARE SO SMALL! IS FUNNY TO ME!

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Katrina Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:42:22 AM »
It could easily work, but some people might have a problem basing something around a real life disaster.

But then again, some people have a problem with almost anything.  If you and your group are fine with it then go for it.

What could have done it?
A black court elder looking for death energy to fuel something (maybe making a bunch of Black Court Master Vampires) and what better than the death of a city?

A failed Darkhollow (because they got the date wrong) or something similar.

A massive summoning that went wrong and brought both Air and Water rushing into the city.

A  renegade member of the Summer Court who wanted to return the area to its natural state (without all those people and buildings spoiling the view).

A Nickel-Head - because he could (maybe testing something on a small scale before unleashing it on the world).

A White Court Wizard who messed up big time.

One of the Old Gods stirring in its sleep.

A new god being formed (an ascension that actually worked).

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Richard