Author Topic: How many fate points should a character be toting around in a given session  (Read 4201 times)

Offline drawntotrouble

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Maybe this isn't the best place to comment, but our GM is really down on buying any powers or stunts - he insists that we're going to need like 4 or 5 refresh and that any mortal stunt that doesn't give you a "use this skill instead of that one" ability is a waste of points.

We haven't actually started yet, and I'm not sure if he's right or not...based on this thread, it seems like you'd have to be able to play with less, especially if you were a white council wizard. (I'm just playing a minor talent)

What are thoughts on this - are stunts a waste of points?

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Lots of stunts are useless to lots of characters in lots of games.  In a different game, for a different character, those same stunts might be absolutely indispensable.

Having more than 3 or 4 stunts, though, even on a pure mortal in a submerged game, is probably too many most of the time (and for the more expensive templates is quite likely simply unaffordable)
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I have notice that as a mortal it's usually best to pick one or two things that you want to be good at, pick up a few stunts for them and stick with that. I think mortals tend to lose some of their umph when they're over-generalized.

High refresh isn't absolutely necessary though. You should be getting most of your Fate points (or at least half) through compels.