Author Topic: Additional mild consquences...?  (Read 4078 times)

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
Re: Additional mild consquences...?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 04:11:29 AM »
No Pain no Gain is only one mild physcial concequence now they retconned it.

It's true.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 04:19:47 AM »
No Pain no Gain is only one mild physcial concequence now they retconned it.

Huh?

And the GM has approved this player's stunt so it's already working in the game.

I don't think it's OP either.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
Oh yeah another question:

This rule goes for mental an social stress tracks too, right?
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline bitterpill

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:46 AM »
No mental stress has been nixed even worse the two mild concequences are now only for the result of torture, If your in a situation that your actually being tortured then you have already losts so I don't see much use in the stunt. There is a homebrew stunt which gives you the two mild mental concequences but only for spell casting purposes so you could take that instead. 
"Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all"  Vogon Captain

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 10:37:51 AM »
Oh yeah another question:

This rule goes for mental an social stress tracks too, right?

The rules are the same for any and all stress tracks.

As for stunts granting additional consequences:

A Stunt can grant one consequence of a particular type that be used in any circumstance.

A Stunt can grant two consequences of a particular type if their use is somehow restricted. Like maybe mental consequences that only work against torture and or attemts to extract information from you.
If the circumstance is enough of a restriction is up to the gm.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:40:34 AM by Tsunami »

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:31 AM »
The rules are the same for any and all stress tracks.

As for stunts granting additional consequences:

A Stunt can grant one consequence of a particular type that be used in any circumstance.

A Stunt can grant two consequences of a particular type if their use is somehow restricted. Like maybe mental consequences that only work against torture and or attemts to extract information from you.
If the circumstance is enough of a restriction is up to the gm.

That's what I thought.  Good to know.

So what about the stunt giving 2 additional physical mild consequences?  Physical stress is physical stress.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »
That's what I thought.  Good to know.

So what about the stunt giving 2 additional physical mild consequences?  Physical stress is physical stress.

It's a mistake.
The two consequence stunt ("No pain, no gain", YS:152) was an example stunt in the Early-Bird PDF of YS, it was changed in the final version of the game to granting only one consequence, bringing it in line with the stunt rules in general.

It should either be reduced to one consequence, or a restriction imposed upon the consequences. Like "only against blunt force trauma" or whatever you feel appropriate.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
It's a mistake.
The two consequence stunt ("No pain, no gain", YS:152) was an example stunt in the Early-Bird PDF of YS, it was changed in the final version of the game to granting only one consequence, bringing it in line with the stunt rules in general.

It should either be reduced to one consequence, or a restriction imposed upon the consequences. Like "only against blunt force trauma" or whatever you feel appropriate.

Uh oh.  I didn't notice that before.  I just checked and you are absolutely right.

Hmm.  I will have to tell the player who has that ability and tell him to check out this thread.  If the GM okays it that is between them, but I should at least let the player know that he's using outdated stunts.

Offline Watson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
Now if you really want to burn your brain, try this one: You get a Fate point for every consequence taken in a conflict, right? Does this include the additional mild consequences from skills and powers? What about those consequences that are downgraded after the fight so that some of them disappear entirely. Do you cash out and get Fate points from consequences you've actually taken during the fight, or just the ones that actually remain after the fight?

Yes, you get Fate points for all the consequences you have taken in the fight, as I see it (according to YS206), even thought some of them might have been removed as a result of some Supernatural Powers. But remember that you can only "cash out" in case you have lost the fight (i.e. not if you win).